anything you guys recommend i d/l from installer?

MiPhone7012

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Seattle, WA
Well i have a few games, and i have summerboard, let me know if there is anything else that is pretty cool that i should get.

phillyphill39

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
not sure if its new, but you can now download nes,gba, and psx roms from the installer along with the bios files. And a fix for you if your running out of a space, a program that changes the applications folder.

wildor

Nov 19, 2007
phillyphill39
what is the name of the program that changes the applications folder?

phillyphill39

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
there are 2 1 is called "300 mb fix" and i cant remember what the name of the other is that i am using. They both do the same except the "300 mb fix" one is in german im guessing, it tell you what it does in english. But at the very end it goes into a different langauge. but i guess its usefull, since im downloading psx, gba, and nes roms.

Oct 4, 2007
San Francisco
What exactly does customize do? can i still run it with dock downloaded and summerboard?

Thanks

"Customize" let's you customize a lot of things on the iPhone, just to name a few things, it lets you change the carrier logo, rearrange the order of the icons, and change the battery images.

Dec 10, 2007
blacked out
..can i still run it with dock downloaded and summerboard?
Yes you can. In fact, I've found that they work together quite nicely. For instance, I use Customize to hide many of the icons on my screen because I like a minimal look and it allows for more wallpaper real estate. Then if I need an app that's not on the home screen I just fling open dock to reveal all the apps.

MiPhone7012

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Seattle, WA
o hey guys one more question, so i downloaded customize and its great and i can do a lot of stuff, its just that there is not very many options, for example if i click on the battery and want to change the color or something there is only the green battery (which is stock) in the available. is there like another package i have to install from installer to get more options?

phillyphill39

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
question, what else do you have to download with customize to make it work. because every time i download it now, it just hangs and then closes. i have only gotten it to work once.

Oct 4, 2007
San Francisco
question, what else do you have to download with customize to make it work. because every time i download it now, it just hangs and then closes. i have only gotten it to work once.
Do you have bsd subsystem installed?... That helps to stabilize some of the 3rd party apps.

Oct 9, 2007
o hey guys one more question, so i downloaded customize and its great and i can do a lot of stuff, its just that there is not very many options, for example if i click on the battery and want to change the color or something there is only the green battery (which is stock) in the available. is there like another package i have to install from installer to get more options?
search in the installer for 'customize themes' or something similar, there are a bunch of icons/sounds you download that will show up in customize when you want to change something...check it out.

MiPhone7012

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Seattle, WA
Hey phil, i had the same problem i have bsd sub or whatever that is called installed too and it didn't work, or at least i thought it didn't, the very first time you have to wait and let it load, it takes a little bit of time but it will come up