Anyway around having to delete music, photos when syncing to new computer?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sign up

Lisa08

New Member
Jul 8, 2007
1
0
0
#1
Ok, so my brother has an iPhone and he currently is trying to sync it to a different computer and it is telling him he has to erase everything that he got from the first computer in order to put new movies and songs on there. Is there anyway around that so he can have both?

And if you do know how, please explain it to me step by step like I am in kindergarten please :D


I've looked everywhere online, about 98% say that he cannot do it but then the remainder 2% say you can but they don't say how..or they just say "manually do it" which means nothing to me lol please explain.


Thank you all :D

- Lisa :laugh2:
 

alb0zf1n3st

New Member
Silver
Jul 2, 2007
624
2
0
#2
You cannot do it. Apple does not allow you to Manually Manage videos , photos , music you start with one computer you end with that one.

Thats what I noticed but if you find another way let me know too ..
 

xman

Member
Bronze
Jun 9, 2008
139
2
18
orlando,fl
#3
Want to get the new iPhone 4 but concerned about iTunes on my windows machine.

Is it necessary to have iTunes loaded on my desktop and if not what won't I be able to do with the iPhone.

I loaded iTunes a few years ago and it slowed my system way down.

Thanks for the feedback
 

Alkali

Member
Bronze
Nov 1, 2010
243
2
18
Nigeria
#6
Want to get the new iPhone 4 but concerned about iTunes on my windows machine.

Is it necessary to have iTunes loaded on my desktop and if not what won't I be able to do with the iPhone.

I loaded iTunes a few years ago and it slowed my system way down.

Thanks for the feedback
Xman i don't think iTunes is responsible for your slow system. Not at all. I have been using iTunes for years but never experienced that.


Sent from my iPhone using iCafe