Anyway to "boost" the volume on the iTunes bought ringtones?

diesel

Bronze
Aug 15, 2007
NYC
So that they are actually useable in a loud environment?

diesel

Bronze
Aug 15, 2007
NYC
Good luck.
Kind of pointless when you wouldn't even be able to hear the conversation.

what was the point of your response if you weren't going to be helpful in the least bit

you could always find a quieter place to have the conversation (outside the bar as opposed to inside it) but you need to hear the phone ring before you can make that decision............genius

latinnftl

Bronze
Mar 19, 2007
So that they are actually useable in a loud environment?
It's not even a question about a loud environment, I an barely hear the one I downloaded in a quiet room. Additionally, on the only one I made so far it only plays the very first little bit of the ring tone and then the phone abruptly stops and goes quiet. The phone is still ringing but ringtone gone!

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
I made two ringtones this morning and the volume differs greatly between the two. I made one from You Can Call Me Al (Paul Simon) and one from Bleed It Out (Linkin Park). The Linkin Park one is VERY loud, it almost crackles the speakers in the iPhone. It kinda sucks, but oh well.

Joe

spyrwebs

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Travelin man, SOCAL
If you do a google search for "mp3 gain" there are some free software that boost the volume. If you make it too loud, it distorts it on the iPhone. I'm at work so i don't remember the actual program i used.

jdm726

Sep 10, 2007
DC
im not sure if this will work, as im at work and don't have access to iTunes

but can you right click the ringtone in intunes--- go to get info---- and under one of those tabs is a volume adjustment slider like with music

let me know if thats possible, because i wanna up the volume on one of my ring tone as well

my Cold War Kids- hang me up to dry ringtone is really loud

but my kanye west-flashing lights ringtone is a bit on the low side

spyrwebs

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Travelin man, SOCAL
im not sure if this will work, as im at work and don't have access to iTunes

but can you right click the ringtone in intunes--- go to get info---- and under one of those tabs is a volume adjustment slider like with music

let me know if thats possible, because i wanna up the volume on one of my ring tone as well

my Cold War Kids- hang me up to dry ringtone is really loud

but my kanye west-flashing lights ringtone is a bit on the low side

Thats the first thing i tried, it dosent work. the only way to do it is with an external program