Anyway to set permissions without using WinSCP?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
WinSCP just gives me connection timed out every time I do it so I need an alternative. I've tried using Manzana but I can't set the permissions with it. Is there another program I can use, possibly one with a direct USB connection like Manzana but with the ability to set permissions?

Without setting those permissions, all of my new applications just open, hang, and then close.

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
WinSCP just gives me connection timed out every time I do it so I need an alternative. I've tried using Manzana but I can't set the permissions with it. Is there another program I can use, possibly one with a direct USB connection like Manzana but with the ability to set permissions?

Without setting those permissions, all of my new applications just open, hang, and then close.
As far as I know, WinSCP is the only way to change permissons on the iPhone so far, haven't really seen other ways..If I do I will post.

SiLeNtKiLLa

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta
As far as I know, WinSCP is the only way to change permissons on the iPhone so far, haven't really seen other ways..If I do I will post.
Its possible, but you have to have the Terminal.app installed and already ssh'ed with permisions. You can also download putty and use that instead of WinSCP, only thing is putty is not as user friendly as WinSCP but more like Terminal or Command on windows.

After getting Terminal up and running on iPhone, you can set permissions using that, just browse to designated app folder, and do what ever it is you need to do.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Its possible, but you have to have the Terminal.app installed and already ssh'ed with permisions. You can also download putty and use that instead of WinSCP, only thing is putty is not as user friendly as WinSCP but more like Terminal or Command on windows.

After getting Terminal up and running on iPhone, you can set permissions using that, just browse to designated app folder, and do what ever it is you need to do.
Well now I'm in a paradox because I can't set the permissions in Terminal without using Terminal! Haha

Rayne

Aug 21, 2007
Have you tried Putty? When I was modding on a Windows machine there were a few instances where I couldn't connect using WinSCP but could using Putty.

In fact, a couple times, after I could connect using Putty, I could just exit and go back and connect using WinSCP - dunno why.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Mobile Squid, available through iBrickr and Installer, will let you set permissions.

-
Mike

Last edited by a moderator: