AOL After 2.2 won't allow me to delete

jlawlor

Jun 21, 2007
I update to 2.2 and for some reason - I cannot delete mail - either one at a time or in bulk - I get a message "Unableto Move Message" The message could not be moved to the mailbox Trash. I deleted the e-mail account and reset it up but it didn't fix the problem. Anyone have a fix for this? Thanks

Panache010

Silver
Aug 19, 2007
I update to 2.2 and for some reason - I cannot delete mail - either one at a time or in bulk - I get a message "Unableto Move Message" The message could not be moved to the mailbox Trash. I deleted the e-mail account and reset it up but it didn't fix the problem. Anyone have a fix for this? Thanks
Me too. I can only delete them from my pc but not from my phone.

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
Count me in, I cant delete my email while using AOL on my iPhone either. The few pictures I downloaded from my email are blurry as well. I'm going to go to Verizon and check out the Blackberry Storm tomorrow, this is getting ridiculous.

Thank you Apple

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
I deleted my AOL account and put it back in. Now everything works fine.

I deleted my AOL account and reinstalled it, didn't work :(

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
I deleted my AOL account and reinstalled it, didn't work :(
Go to your AOL account// advanced. Look for the "deleted mailbox" option. Make sure it is pointed towards 'on my iPhone// trash.

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
Go to your AOL account// advanced. Look for the "deleted mailbox" option. Make sure it is pointed towards 'on my iPhone// trash.
It's checked off but thanks for the suggestion. I'll give Apple a call a little later.

Tug

Sep 10, 2007
I tried the email reset and network reset with no luck. These updates are pointless. I want my 2.1 back. Any other suggestions?

Dukeboy0169

Bronze
Jan 10, 2008
Anyone find a solution yet? This is REALLY annoying.

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
To me it's not so much that it's annoying it's just that the phone isn't doing what it's meant to do all because of a software upgrade. Than when you consider how much it cost me to get out of my Verizon contract and buy an iPhone it only exasperates the problem.

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
For whatever reasons I can now delete my AOL email on my iPhone.

Thanks

Tug

Sep 10, 2007
I have my aol and yahoo email accounts on my phone. If you go under mail settings, then click the account, then advanced, I noticed under yahoo it says on the iPhone and on the server. Under my yahoo account, both server and iPhone settings are set to trash. But aol I can only set the iPhone option to trash and there is no trash option under server.

Did Apple delete it?

Dukeboy0169

Bronze
Jan 10, 2008
I tried altering all the settings, deleted the account and reinstalled. I don't think the user can resolve this issue. I just hope we don't have to wait until the next update.

Sep 10, 2007
Thanks for the info, if Apple continues down this track, I'm going for the storm. This is ridiculous. My "on the server" options are:

Inbox
Drafts
Sent Items
Saved
SavedIMs
Spam
VOICEMAIL

No trash...How odd.

Edit: 10 Minutes Later.....I can delete messages. HA

danni71083

Dec 1, 2008
It's checked off but thanks for the suggestion. I'll give Apple a call a little later.

Tug
This was happening to me also. Mine was checked but I clicked it again just to be sure and even though it appeared to do nothing, it worked. Now my messages are going to the trash.

TSheridan330

Bronze
Dec 16, 2007
Danni'e solution worked for me. It was checked and I presses it anyway. Mail working. Try it. This is under advanced, deleted mailbox.

24trepid

Silver
Jan 13, 2008
Florida
Checking trash, even though it was already checked, fixed mine.
I can delete mail again ....... woohoo .......... :cool:

eric100

May 28, 2008
my answer

Had the same problem. Did everything as above. Nothing.
Then I went to settings,mail,went to my acct., advanced, and just reset all of the options. More or less turn them off and then turned them back on. Bingo.