AOL After 2.2 won't allow me to delete

Dec 11, 2008
Can't delete email, also screen is darker

I can't delete my emails, either, and I've noticed that the screen is much darker, too. Anyone else experiencing this?

mrpaulc

Dec 11, 2008
To delete AOL messages on your iPhone:This worked for me!

To delete AOL messages on your iPhone:

Log on to AOL. Create a new folder (I called mine "iPhone Trash").

On your iPhone:

Settings --> Mail --> Go to your AOL email account --> Advanced --> Deleted Mailbox --> Switched the selected folder from "Trash folder on the iPhone" to the new trash folder you created on the server (in my case iPhone Trash).

The first time you go back to your AOL account and go to Mailboxes, you will see the folder you created for a second but then it will disappear. A Trash folder will then appear. It's weird.

This worked flawlessly for me. :)

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
do you guys have to pay for AOL mail? i haven't used that in so long but i just remember cancelling that and it being the most ridiculous process ever, almost like harassment. i hope you guys all get this figured out, but consider switching to gmail or somethin like that? i use gmail and have never had a single issue, just a thought.

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
do you guys have to pay for AOL mail? i haven't used that in so long but i just remember cancelling that and it being the most ridiculous process ever, almost like harassment. i hope you guys all get this figured out, but consider switching to gmail or somethin like that? i use gmail and have never had a single issue, just a thought.
Pepe, AOL is free these days but way back when AOL charged a monthly fee it was a PITA to cancel your membership. You could cancel it easy enough but those sons ah britches keep charging your CC. Now that it's free it's just a matter of not using their service anymore.

To the OP, I had the same problem with my iPhone and my AOL account, for some strange reason after a couple of days I was able to delete my email. Why it took two days is beyond me.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
^gotcha, wasn't sure as i haven't used it in awhile. like you said about the cancellation it is a major PITA!

sounds like a pretty weird situation, like i said hope you guys get it figured out. if i hear about anything i will post it up for sure.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
go into mail setting for your AOL account, you will find an option for trash that even tho it has a check by it it is not really checked, jus uncheck an recheck that trash option and you will be set to go

this was a bug caused by the 2.2 update

NoWorize

Jan 26, 2009
I fixed Mine. Goto the advanced button for the email account. Switch the deleted items to go to your spam folder. Then exit out and delete a couple of emails. After you have done this go back to the advanced tab and switch your deleted items to go to the iPhone trash. This should resolve your problem, it worked for me.