AOL and the iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

joeg679

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I have had AOL for a long time and I receive most of my e-mails at that address. I set up AOL on my iPhone and it wors fine, except for the fact that when I delete e-mails on the phone, it deletes it off the server. The fix for this was to set up AOL as a POP account. That worked fine, but I wasn't able to receive e-mails with attachments on my phone, it said "message was not downloaded from the server." Does anyone know of any settings within AOL to allow it to download large files or e-mails with attachments? I cannot call AOL tech help because I don't pay for AOL anymore, since they allowed you to get it for free with a broadband connection. Thanks inadvance.

RLK

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Indialantic, FL
I have had AOL for a long time and I receive most of my e-mails at that address. I set up AOL on my iPhone and it wors fine, except for the fact that when I delete e-mails on the phone, it deletes it off the server. The fix for this was to set up AOL as a POP account. That worked fine, but I wasn't able to receive e-mails with attachments on my phone, it said "message was not downloaded from the server." Does anyone know of any settings within AOL to allow it to download large files or e-mails with attachments? I cannot call AOL tech help because I don't pay for AOL anymore, since they allowed you to get it for free with a broadband connection. Thanks inadvance.
Try settings->mail->AOL->advanced->delete from server and make never or seven days