AOL instant messenger on iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
will using AIM on the iPhone count as an sms txt? i ask because looking at the data plans (which i got from here: http://www.appleiPhonereview.com/ip...nnounced-all-feature-unlimited-data/#more-165)

only 200 sms messages a month SUCKS ASS.. i can blow through 100 a day sometimes.
I don't know that AIM is going to be possible to start with, but if 200 sucks ass, then you need to pony up the additional $20/month to get the unlimited text plan. Instead of $20/month, you can pay $40/month and never worry about running over.

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
i don't think it will because aim is an app that doesn't come with the phone straight off the bat
Check the 3rd party apps section and you can find a new app allowing AIM. Using this app will count towards the unlimited data not SMS.

theraker007

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
well thats wonderful news then, i only ask because on my verizon phone aim counts as an sms each time i send and receive.

im confused though, is it $20 extra or $40 extra for the unlimited txt plan and can that be used across networks?

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
well thats wonderful news then, i only ask because on my verizon phone aim counts as an sms each time i send and receive.

im confused though, is it $20 extra or $40 extra for the unlimited txt plan and can that be used across networks?
Check the Apple plan page on Apple.com