AOL instant messenger on iPhone

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
will using AIM on the iPhone count as an sms txt? i ask because looking at the data plans (which i got from here: http://www.appleiPhonereview.com/ip...nnounced-all-feature-unlimited-data/#more-165)

only 200 sms messages a month SUCKS ASS.. i can blow through 100 a day sometimes.
I don't know that AIM is going to be possible to start with, but if 200 sucks ass, then you need to pony up the additional $20/month to get the unlimited text plan. Instead of $20/month, you can pay $40/month and never worry about running over.

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
i don't think it will because aim is an app that doesn't come with the phone straight off the bat
Check the 3rd party apps section and you can find a new app allowing AIM. Using this app will count towards the unlimited data not SMS.

theraker007

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
well thats wonderful news then, i only ask because on my verizon phone aim counts as an sms each time i send and receive.

im confused though, is it $20 extra or $40 extra for the unlimited txt plan and can that be used across networks?

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
well thats wonderful news then, i only ask because on my verizon phone aim counts as an sms each time i send and receive.

im confused though, is it $20 extra or $40 extra for the unlimited txt plan and can that be used across networks?
Check the Apple plan page on Apple.com