ApolloIM hits 1.0

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
Hasn't shown up yet for me in the Installer app, I have been waiting for this! What exactly do I need to do with Summerboard to use the Wifi Keep Alive?

jUeLz23

Bronze
Sep 4, 2007
yeah not on mine either.....
waiting for it...

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
I am just chomping at the bit! I really have been waiting for the release! A sold IM app would make this what I have always wanting, something to compete with the sidekick! Other than the IM app the iPhone already blows the SK away!

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
I liked the interface on Apollo, and I also liked that I didn't have the scroll issue with Apollo. Also the Wifi keep alive on this release of Apollo is to be awesome! So for now I like Apollo, I am not sure why other people like it.

Now I am going to sit here all night till it shows the new Apollo on the Installer, yes thats how much of a life I have

AtmInside

Jul 4, 2007
Yeah, what is this WiFi Keep Alive thing?

Note: I haven't messed with much of the hacks and stuff...never really wanted anything that they offered...but now that there is what is said to be a good version of an IM app, I am going to give it a try.

So I have to install Summerboard and ApolloIM? Because of something called WiFi Keep Alive? What is it?

Thanks!

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
Haven't found out about Wifi Keep Alive yet. I know basically what it is, I don't know how it works yet. Basically what it does is it keeps the Wifi connection alive for the IM app when the phone is in the locked postion so that you remain connected to your IM client.

The SK does this built in it keeps you connected on your IM client. I don't know how well Edge works as far as keep alive as I am not connected to the Edge network that much.

one1

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
Signal Mountain, TN
I D/L'ed Apollo today from the installer and it works great. Love it.

It's just 0.1.2 however.

flipper

Sep 23, 2007
media player or real player?

Let's cut to the chase. I belong to a website that shows adult videos and I haven't been able to see them on my iPhone. The website will deliver in Real or Media Player. Any suggestions?:sick:

jUeLz23

Bronze
Sep 4, 2007
damn apollo is in the lead of mobilechat for now

one1

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
Signal Mountain, TN
LOVE the new icon and theme. Looks great!

Especially the choice between messengers.

Problem: It will not let me edit the error in my user name, I must delete the account and start over. I can click the password with a little persuasion, but can't get the user name to edit. It looks like it might be in the scrolling of the screen that is causing the problem? I dunno, but either way I cannot edit the user name once it has been put in and saved.

garretwp

Bronze
Sep 3, 2007
It says that it supports aliases. But does it support the ability to sort your buddy list by groups?

- Garrett

BIGTIMEBALLER504

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
how can i get i im using ibrickr and its still 0.1.2. i put installer.app and i still cudnt find it in that long list

hotskate

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
Just got it don't really like it i want an APp so it puts the buddylist in the right groups.... and would be cool if it can pull there "real Name" from the address book like ichat on my computer :)