App doctor

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

nan

May 22, 2010
Is there a app that let's you know which apps are bleeding your battery or If an app is corrupt? I have an I
Phone 4. Thanks.

Sent using iCafe app

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I don't believe there is a battery or 'app doctor' app that you can trust to accurately detect which apps are to blame for battery usage. Standard rules apply – apps that make numerous network calls (such as an email client syncing repeatedly) or require significant processing power (graphic intensive games). Some apps are poorly written and certainly do impact battery life, but other than trial and error, no 3rd party app will be able to help with this...

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I don't think app developers would like another app tattling on their app. You'd have developers raising Cain with iTunes.
I disagree. I contacted Apple about an app once and they didn't care. They told me to contact the app's developer. I didn't have a question about the app itself, but the fact that the app defied Apple's longstanding policies. Apple just blew me off.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I disagree. I contacted Apple about an app once and they didn't care. They told me to contact the app's developer. I didn't have a question about the app itself, but the fact that the app defied Apple's longstanding policies. Apple just blew me off.
You may be right about Apple/iTunes not giving a hoot. But I still don't think developers would like it much. Not if it hit their app revenue.
Most users wouldn't notice much anyway.