App doctor

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by nan, May 2, 2014.

1. nan

nan New Member

Is there a app that let's you know which apps are bleeding your battery or If an app is corrupt? I have an I
    Phone 4. Thanks.

Sent using iCafe app

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I don't believe there is a battery or 'app doctor' app that you can trust to accurately detect which apps are to blame for battery usage. Standard rules apply – apps that make numerous network calls (such as an email client syncing repeatedly) or require significant processing power (graphic intensive games). Some apps are poorly written and certainly do impact battery life, but other than trial and error, no 3rd party app will be able to help with this...

3. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I don't think app developers would like another app tattling on their app. You'd have developers raising Cain with iTunes.

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I disagree. I contacted Apple about an app once and they didn't care. They told me to contact the app's developer. I didn't have a question about the app itself, but the fact that the app defied Apple's longstanding policies. Apple just blew me off.

5. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

You may be right about Apple/iTunes not giving a hoot. But I still don't think developers would like it much. Not if it hit their app revenue.
    Most users wouldn't notice much anyway.

6. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

7. Dennies Bright

Dennies Bright New Member

You should not be worry about this now as the iOS 8 will provide information that which app is sucking your battery.

8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I disagree. This feature will create a new "generation" of iPhone users that can't stop looking obsessively at the battery/app list and bombarding forums with questions no one can answer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List