App for price checking?

desler

Aug 13, 2008
Marietta, GA
I just say a TV ad for the G phone. They showed an app to compare prices for an item by taking a picture of it's UPC (barcode). Apparently the app would then use the data to search the web for prices.

Any idea if the iPhone has a similar app?

Thanks.

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
I just say a TV ad for the G phone. They showed an app to compare prices for an item by taking a picture of it's UPC (barcode). Apparently the app would then use the data to search the web for prices.

Thanks.
There is an app in the App Store that is somewhat similar to that one, its called "Save Benjis". You type in the name of the product you're thinking of buying and it searches the interwarbz for the lowest price.

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona

Thanks.

I would love to see a program like this come out for our iPhones. Very cool indeed!

Deke736

Bronze
Jul 24, 2008
Near St. Louis, MO
A friend of mine has this app on his G1 and he said that it works great. I am hoping something similar comes out for the iPhone, but I think they would somehow need to improve the close-up camera functionality.

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
A friend of mine has this app on his G1 and he said that it works great. I am hoping something similar comes out for the iPhone, but I think they would somehow need to improve the close-up camera functionality.
How does you friend like his G1?

Deke736

Bronze
Jul 24, 2008
Near St. Louis, MO
How does you friend like his G1?
He seems to really like it a lot. He just hopes that as time goes by there will be more apps for it. It also does not have any support for Exchange, so he has to constantly access work email through the web browser. I have played with it some and while it's nice, it's not an iPhone. It has a great interface, but I am not really into the look of the phone. I definitely think there are some improvements that could be made, but it's a great 1st shot from HTC and Google.