App for Word Processing on iPad

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

bkford

Bronze
Jul 30, 2009
MO
scrappermamo.blogspot.com
I have used QuickOffice Pro in the past, but it is crashing constantly. I don't hear great things about MS Word on iPad. I have iPad but use Windows 7 on my laptop. What is the best app to use to create and/or edit Word documents and save back and forth between iPad and laptop?

bkford

Bronze
Jul 30, 2009
MO
scrappermamo.blogspot.com
Uh oh. I tried deleting it. Now when I go to the app store, it doesn't have one that says HD, and the one that IS there does not think I purchased it (I did, but along time ago). I can re-purchase it for 9.99, but shouldn't I be able to re-download something I already purchased?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You can redownload it for free if it's the same app, but if they switched to a new app you have to pay again, unfortunately. If you have it in iTunes on your computer you can sync it back on. No longer being supported would explain the crashes.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
I have had good results with Apple's Pages app. It is reasonably compatible with MS Word which is my primary word processing program. Once created, Pages documents can be sent in Pages, MS Word, PDF and ePub formats. It takes a while to learn all that it's capable of. My primary use for it is to create documents when I'm traveling and then transfer to MS Word for the final formatting touches before sending it out. Pages was just under $10 in the App Store when I got it several years ago but I understand it comes free with some of Apple's newer iPhones and iPads. Definitely worth looking at.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

Sent from my iPhone 6