App for Word Processing on iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Apps and Games' started by bkford, Nov 17, 2014.

1. bkford

bkford Member
    Bronze

I have used QuickOffice Pro in the past, but it is crashing constantly. I don't hear great things about MS Word on iPad. I have iPad but use Windows 7 on my laptop. What is the best app to use to create and/or edit Word documents and save back and forth between iPad and laptop?

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling QuickOffice Pro?

3. bkford

bkford Member
    Bronze

I can try that. You mean delete it and then re-download from the cloud?

4. bkford

bkford Member
    Bronze

Uh oh. I tried deleting it. Now when I go to the app store, it doesn't have one that says HD, and the one that IS there does not think I purchased it (I did, but along time ago). I can re-purchase it for 9.99, but shouldn't I be able to re-download something I already purchased?

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You can redownload it for free if it's the same app, but if they switched to a new app you have to pay again, unfortunately. If you have it in iTunes on your computer you can sync it back on. No longer being supported would explain the crashes.

6. bkford

bkford Member
    Bronze

Maybe it's time to switch to a different app. Is there not anything else available?

7. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I have had good results with Apple's Pages app. It is reasonably compatible with MS Word which is my primary word processing program. Once created, Pages documents can be sent in Pages, MS Word, PDF and ePub formats. It takes a while to learn all that it's capable of. My primary use for it is to create documents when I'm traveling and then transfer to MS Word for the final formatting touches before sending it out. Pages was just under $10 in the App Store when I got it several years ago but I understand it comes free with some of Apple's newer iPhones and iPads. Definitely worth looking at.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

Sent from my iPhone 6

8. bkford

bkford Member
    Bronze

Thank you. I'll look at Pages.

9. lemoon

lemoon Member
    Bronze