App info saved with sync

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Just thought I would throw this out there. I know people have mentioned that they have installed apps, uninstalled, restored and then reinstalled to find their settings are still there, but did you know that the information is also saved in your profile on your computer?
I just got a replacement iPhone that was 1.1.1 and I jailbroke it. It's a completely new phone. My VNSea settings were already there after I installed it, I didn't have to configure a thing. Just thought I would throw that out there for those that didn't know.
This is why my "Other" section in iTunes is rather large. (33MB)
Jst throwing this out there for those of you that didn't know. And for those that did, Can you tell me where I would find these files? I know that I need to delete some of them because I don't use them anymore and they are just taking up space.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Just thought I would throw this out there. I know people have mentioned that they have installed apps, uninstalled, restored and then reinstalled to find their settings are still there, but did you know that the information is also saved in your profile on your computer?
I just got a replacement iPhone that was 1.1.1 and I jailbroke it. It's a completely new phone. My VNSea settings were already there after I installed it, I didn't have to configure a thing. Just thought I would throw that out there for those that didn't know.
This is why my "Other" section in iTunes is rather large. (33MB)
Jst throwing this out there for those of you that didn't know. And for those that did, Can you tell me where I would find these files? I know that I need to delete some of them because I don't use them anymore and they are just taking up space.
On a Windows machine they appear to be located in a numeric named folder inside:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\

My rss settings and numerous others were all in here in small mdbackup files.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Thanks. I guess I will go "hunting" tonight to clean some of the extraneous crap on there. LOL
Now I just need to find it on the phone...