APP REQUEST: iRecipe?

muckymucky

Bronze
Aug 19, 2007
aye Bay~Bay~
running into a situation where im assigned to make dinner once in a while.. would be nice you wrote an app, maybe even a webapp (with the likes of Movies.app) but instead: food recipes.

heres my idea of how it would work:

Front page
- Searchfield for recipe

Second page
- Recipe overview
~picture
~hardness scale
~time required
~cost

Third page
- List of required items (to follow in grocery store), (perhaps a checklist function)

Fourth page
- Instructions

Fifth page
- user gets to rate this recipe

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I'm sure it will be coming. IF they have that pharmacy app, then they'll certainly have a cookbook app.

jlhollander

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
Chicago, IL
running into a situation where im assigned to make dinner once in a while.. would be nice you wrote an app, maybe even a webapp (with the likes of Movies.app) but instead: food recipes.

heres my idea of how it would work:

Front page
- Searchfield for recipe

Second page
- Recipe overview
~picture
~hardness scale
~time required
~cost

Third page
- List of required items (to follow in grocery store), (perhaps a checklist function)

Fourth page
- Instructions

Fifth page
- user gets to rate this recipe
Thanks! I am going to add this into the complete list of Apps!

iamse7en

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Very good idea. I think we're only beginning to see the possibilities of this phone. June will mark another revolution, like the previous June when it first came out. We still have a long way to go, but the possibilities are almost endless.

Especially with iRecipe, I'd definitely convince my wife to get an iPhone. "But I don't need all those features!" Neither do I, but I still got one.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Pretty much any site could be a web app thanks to WebClips.

If you find that you are referencing the same recipe or drink mixture a lot, or the page you are visiting has a few handy selections worth noting, head over to iwebsaver.com from your iPhone and use that site to turn your recipe/mix page into a localized WebClip.

This means the page won't need to load, so no EDGE or WIFI is required to view the content. Works wonders for little reference pages like this.

PS: You don't need to jailbreak, iwebsaver turns your site into a clever bookmark thats URL is actually a base 64 string that gets turned back into your site/page when safari parses it.

May 29, 2008
New York, NY
"One tsp." for managing your recipes

I have been working on a web app for recipes that might be worth checking out. It's called One tsp., and it has both web and mobile components to it.

First, sign up for an account on the web version (onetsp.com). From there, add your favorite recipes. Cut and paste from other sites, or copy them down from recipe cards or books and magazines. You can copy recipes from any source as long as you're keeping them in your *private* account. Recipes that you've created yourself can be shared with everyone else on the site.

Then access your recipes from your mobile phone using One tsp. mobile (onetsp.mobi). When you're at work or in the grocery store, you can always look up the ingredients for whatever you plan to make tonight.

I have a long list of features to add, but I also plan to keep things simple and straightforward. Think of this web app as an online recipe box. It's better than most desktop recipe managers because you can also access your recipes from anywhere you can find a browser.

Hope that helps, and feel free to send me feedback.

Mike

May 29, 2008
New York, NY
I mentioned One tsp. in a previous reply. Wanted to follow up with news that it now supports shopping lists. Open one of your recipes, then click Add to Shopping List. Take your list with you while you shop and check off items as you pick them up.

Desktop: http://onetsp.com
mobile: http://onetsp.mobi