App/Site for Streaming Music? Looks Like You're Using the iPod?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Kricket

Sep 11, 2007
hey everyone,

i did a search but couldnt come up with anything - in fact, im not even sure if this was the site i read about this on

im looking for an app that, basically, streams songs to the iPhone - i THINK i remember reading that it looks and searches just like the ipod application on the phone (you can search by artist, album, song, etc) - its basically like having an unlimited amount of songs on the iPhone (so long as youre connected to the network)

has anyone ever heard of this or know of a link that might give me a little more information?

Iocane

Sep 16, 2007
Orb and Tversity are 2 that I have tried. These are for windows users. I believe there is a better program out for mac users, but orb works well for me.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
If you want to stream your own music, XM, Sirius or internet audio streams to your iPhone use orb. www.orb.com

Install orb on your pc. Tell orb where your music folder is.
Go to mycast.orb.com on your iPhone and log in and you can browse and listen to your own mp3's from your iPhone.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
If you want to stream your own music, XM, Sirius or internet audio streams to your iPhone use orb. www.orb.com

Install orb on your pc. Tell orb where your music folder is.
Go to mycast.orb.com on your iPhone and log in and you can browse and listen to your own mp3's from your iPhone.
How do u know he's got a PC anyway?

DMcGrew

Bronze
May 30, 2007
With seeqpod can you listen to music without having to do a search for each song you want to hear? Like is there a streaming playlist or something like whats in iTunes radio?

Sep 15, 2007
Oh and on the same note,

I created a playlist in SeeqPod of just like 2-3 songs to test it out.

Then I got on my iPhone and checked if I could access the playlist I just made on my PC.

Well, I could. I went to the seeqpod page, went to Popular Playlists, and I had named mine "Monica's iPhone Playlist" and it was in there. By no means am I saying it was popular, I am just saying it seems as if any and all playlists will be listed. Just don't name your playlist something really common like "iPhone"- it'll be easier to find if you make it unique. It also does display the username right under the playlist so that's another way to ensure its your playlist.

It doesn't play continuously, because once the song is over you have to click back and then click on the next one. Doesn't bother me though, may bother you.

That's just my 2 cents. Good luck!

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
How do u know he's got a PC anyway?
Just a guess but the chances of it being a pc are like 96%.

I have macbook, but I am using an old pc laptop that I was about to crap can to run orb and uXM. Its like my iPhone's own media server.

I have the 100 gig firewire drive that is hooked to my macbook shared so I can stream it all to my iPhone via orb.