App Store app wants to update an app not installed on my iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gslrider, Aug 14, 2012.

1. gslrider

gslrider New Member

So I finally decided to updated from 5.0 to 5.1.1. Only because I had a number of app updates that wouldn't go through without 5.1. And as expected, I ran into the common issues after updating. Photos disappeared from Album, but memory capacity still indicated they were still in storage. Battery runs warmer, and along with that battery drains quicker. App store wouldn't load. And a number of freezing apps. However, with the exception of the quicker battery drain (not ridiculously quick, but definitely runs down faster than before on normal day use), after an inconvenient restore from back-up all the other issues were resolved. Photos were restored, App Store comes up, and so far no apps freezing. But, one strange issue just popped up today, I tried searching online for this issue but couldn't find one. I launched the App Store app, and it told me I had several updates. I Updated All, and all but one updated. The one that didn't update gave me the notification The item you tried to buy is no longer available, but if you do a search in the app store 3 of them come up (one says Install, another $1.99, and the last $0.99). And to make things even more perplexing, I don't even have the app installed on my phone. So now I have this annoying badge telling me I have this one update to an non-existent app on my phone. Anyone ever heard of this, and more importantly, how do I get rid of the update? The App that wants to update is cPro craigslist Client for iPhone. Oh Apple, you never fail to impress and disappoint at the same time.

2. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Try this: open iTunes with your device plugged in. Select your device and go to the apps tab. Select that app to sync to your phone (it should still be in your app library), run the sync, then reboot your phone. Then try opening the app store and see if the problem persists. If that fixes it you can delete the app or deselect it in iTunes to remove it from our phone. I'm not sure if this will work, I'm just improvising. :)

EDIT: You could also try updating all your apps within iTunes itself and see if that doesn't help. I periodically do this so all of the apps I don't have synced to my phone are updated.

3. gslrider

gslrider New Member

Thanks for the info Kadelic. I never thought of that. I've always been under the impression that once you delete from your phone, and back up and sync, it would also remove it from your iTunes App library. There are many apps I've deleted from my phone, which I'm sure have had updates as well, but never notified me of it. Guess it's another glitch with 5.1.1. I'll give your tips a go when I get home. Will let you know how it turns out. :)