App Store applications not showin up

kclust

Sep 28, 2008
I installed 2.2 on a jailbroken phone. After the update to 2.2 almost all of my App Store AND NONE of my Cydia apps showed up in the phone. I have now jailbroken the phone so it is updated to a jailbroken 2.2, yet none of my app store apps or Cydia apps show up. In fact neither Cydia OR installer show up either, so I can't respring the applications. Any ideas what I need to do to fix this? I've tried restoring the phone from iTunes and got the same result.

Oh, also, when I go to re-install the applications in the app store, it says the apps are already installed, so I can't reinstall them.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I'm not sure if this is your last resort, but you could always go to Apple store and tell them that you need to fully 'format' or whichever term they use with iPhones, and tell them to install the 2.2 firmware for you. Then you could go to your house, download the new PwnageTool 2.2 (it's better than QuickPwn because it gives you a better chance to use any software unlock in the future), and normally jailbreak your phone. Everything will show up by then, and also you could redownload applications and games you bought from App Store for free.

kclust

Sep 28, 2008
Thanks. I think what happened is that Cydia and most of my other applications had been placed in folders with "Categories" and since the updated phone was not originally jailbroken, they simply disappeared into a black hole of the iPhone's file system. I restored the phone as a new phone and only restored my contacts and music. I'll re-install all my apps after I repwn the with 2.2