App Store Down?

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
The app store is not working for me on both my iPad and iPhone. I reset my home network. Nothing seems to work. The app just hangs on waiting.. Then times out.

Been like this for a couple hours. Can anyone confirm. It's hard for me to say since both devices are updated on beta 3 of iOS 5 as of thismorning. Also no tech blog seems to be reporting this.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I was just about to post about this. I thought it may have been a iOS 5 beta 3 thing. It keeps crashing and/or says "Loading..."

Gabey8

Apr 22, 2011
I actually came here searching for a thread to see if there was a problem. I can't connect to the App Store via my iPod Touch 4G, running iOS 4.3.3, non-jailbroken, nor via my PC. In both cases, the rest of the internet works fine, but the App Store times out repeatedly.

This happens on both machines, no matter if I am using my home router or my Mi-Fi.

Gabey8

Apr 22, 2011
My error message just changed. I got a dialog box on the iPod saying,

"The App Store is temporarily unable to process purchases.

You may continue to browse the store, but please try your purchase again later." with an OK button to acknowledge the message.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
Just a quick update. Apps will install now however apps previously purchased will not show as an install button in the app store but rather as the price of the app. However if you install it, you will get the "You have already purchased this app..." message.

The purchased page will not load at this time either for me.

Gabey8

Apr 22, 2011
I first encountered the App Store issues when I was trying to delete and reinstall an app that was acting up. ThE reinstallation has finally worked. (And as a side bonus, the problems I had with the app are cleared up. :) )

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
It dosent seem to be loading on my mac either, maybe they are gearing up for the onslaught of lion downloading thats about to hit shortly.