App Store Downloads Old Versions Of Recently Updated App

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by chris, Dec 3, 2013.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Since iOS 7, I've noticed a very odd trend. If I download an app that was recently updated, the AppStore will download the previous version. The new version is immediately available, but requires an update. It's not a major issue, but this can get annoying fast if you're downloading while on the go. It's a time and data guzzler.

Thoughts?

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

For those who want to try this, download the WhatsApp update announced today. It will download the old version and force you to update.

3. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I've noticed that with the Twitter app. Only I didn't notice the first update was the old version. Also, I've noticed if I delete an app I recently updated, then go to my purchased list and download it back, I then get the update I had already done. This has only happened with a few apps.

Sent using iCafe app

4. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

Interesting ....yesterday I updated "WhatsApp” -I think this is the first time I've updated it since going iOS 7, and got version 2.11.5 .. The download was shown as 18.6 Mb .... New features and look are evident. Possibly I missed the 'mis-queued' update of which you speak, but at least for me ( my wife as well on hers ) all update activity was normal. David

Sent using iCafe app

5. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

There's no point in me downloading WhatsApp. I don't know anyone who uses it. It would be nice if it could be used to message those who don't have the app. Question: Does WhatsApp ring with an alert when the phone is asleep?

Sent using iCafe app

6. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

I use it to communicate with several former BB types who went Android, ( or who went iOS when I still used a BB ) or who use WhatsApp over BBM on their BB's for whatever reason. I use iMessage, BBM , and WhatsApp so have most of my regulars covered. ! It will alert when phone is asleep, with a sound/tone selectable through its 'settings' which is in-app... All in all, it works well ! David

Sent using iCafe app