App Store Icon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by justjudy, Jul 30, 2008.

1. justjudy

justjudy New Member

Need help with restoring my App Store icon. I think I accidentally removed the application and now I don't know how to get it back. I tried restoring my phone and nothing. Anyone have any ideas? Please HELP!

2. gibby71

gibby71 Member
    Silver

on iPhone go to settings. General - > restrictions. Make sure you are not restricting installing apps.

3. justjudy

justjudy New Member

All restrictions are OFF. My software is updated to 2.0 but still not iTunes or App Store on my screen.

4. paa79594

paa79594 New Member
    Silver

is it on another home screen?

5. justjudy

justjudy New Member

All the home screen doesn't show the icon. I also might have deleted the iTunes icon also. Is there any other way besides restoring the phone because restoring doesn't work.

6. Lincoln

Lincoln New Member
    Gold

There has to be something you're missing if they're still not there after a Restore. Try all of the following:

1) Go to Settings > General > About and ensure that beside "Version" you see 2.0.

2) Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

3) Make sure the icons are not on another page. Look at your homescreen, and see if there are indicator dots above the dock. If there are, swipe the screen to access additional pages. To move the icons back, hold them and they will become moveable.

4) Download a new copy of the 2.0 firmware here and Restore your iPhone with it.

7. nishant_81

nishant_81 New Member
    Bronze

that iPhone behavior is weird. You couldn't have deleted the App Store or the iTunes icon because I don't think you can! This is unlikely but hope they are not on the taskbar or whatever that is called -- the pane above the home button, which doesn't move with home screens.

8. phsycology

phsycology Zealot
    Gold

I don't see how you could have deleted these icons? Unless this can be done with SSH or something (I've never jailbroken so I don't know)...

9. fourtheye28

fourtheye28 New Member
    Bronze

I did that with safari a little while ago and all you have to do is reset the home screen...it took me 3 seconds for the icon to pop back up...

10. hb091666

hb091666 New Member

Wow, that worked! I registered with this site just so I could thank you! I've been struggling with this for an embarrassingly long time.

11. bhm11

bhm11 New Member

Thank you. That is what happened on my phone.