App store... Is it me or are things difficult to search for?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps and Games' started by AndytheClown, Jan 4, 2012.

1. AndytheClown

AndytheClown Member
    Bronze

My daughter just asked about cluedo for iPod/iPad so I just had a look on the app store. It's not very helpful is it? What's the best way of searching for something like boardgames other than by title of the app? Or have I missed something?

So I'm guessing my question is how does one search for boardgames on app store?

Andy x

2. AndytheClown

AndytheClown Member
    Bronze

Its ok, I've found the sub category with about 35000 boardgames to scroll through lol

3. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

I would start with a Google search for the app if you don't know the exact name, perhaps including the search terms "app" and "iPhone" or "iPad". Google seems to be able to match misspellings/word variations up to the correct app better than Apple's search does.

Case in point:

https://www.google.com/search?q=cluedo+app+ipad

Apparently, it came out as "Clue" in the US

4. AndytheClown

AndytheClown Member
    Bronze

I think that's what I do. Websites like appadvice are helpful and give me ideas, which I google, then YouTube for the demo, before I think about downloading and installing. I seam to remember reading somewhere that Apple were revamping the AppStore, but that was ages ago,

5. bkford

bkford Member
    Bronze

I agree. On the iPhone there is a search option. On the iPad, in the app store, I just go to any screen that has a search window, such as Category, and then use the search bar from there.