App Store issue after JB............when updating apps

medenblik

Contributor
Silver
Mar 25, 2010
Never had this issue before in all previous JB's.

IP4S running 5.1.1 JB............now when I have apps to update in app store, as soon as I say update all, it throws my IP4S into safe mode......but it does update the apps...........I click restart from safe mode and all is well...........

it is a weird issue.......anyone else experience this? or know why it happens?

i JB my IP4S as a NEW PHONE....

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
What do you have installed from Cydia? Do you have Crash Reporter installed?

medenblik

Contributor
Silver
Mar 25, 2010
thanks again Money.......installing crash reporter from cydia, see what it says next time I have an update....

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
thanks again Money.......installing crash reporter from cydia, see what it says next time I have an update....
No problem. Also check to see in Cydia if you have any conflicting apps that may cause issues with the App Store. I use PasswordPilot which automatically puts your password in when updating. It doesn't cause any issues though for me.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Interesting. I just started experiencing update issues in App Store. I fixed it and was able to install the update by uninstalling 'StayOpened' and 'PasswordPilot'.

medenblik

Contributor
Silver
Mar 25, 2010
@money.....your saying The 2 apps were giving you issues? I didn't have either of those apps and I experienced the issue.

I did just install password pilot.....so we shall see what happens next update in app store.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
@money.....your saying The 2 apps were giving you issues? I didn't have either of those apps and I experienced the issue.

I did just install password pilot.....so we shall see what happens next update in app store.
I'm not sure if they were giving me issues, but app store wasn't able to connect when I tried to update. Then it was better after uninstall of the two apps in Cydia.

medenblik

Contributor
Silver
Mar 25, 2010
Hmmm. Wonder if there are other issues......I did install crash reporter and so next app store update...hopefully it will show me something.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Hmmm. Wonder if there are other issues......I did install crash reporter and so next app store update...hopefully it will show me something.
Let us know! I'm not exactly sure how crash reporter works. Haven't used it but I have it installed.

medenblik

Contributor
Silver
Mar 25, 2010
Let us know! I'm not exactly sure how crash reporter works. Haven't used it but I have it installed.

will do......hopefully something gets updated and we won't experience this issue again

iNurse

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2011
The Volunteer State of Tennessee
i have been experiencing a lot of "safe mode" issues... I was thinking mine was associated with biteSMS.... What does crash report do? I will get it

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
i have been experiencing a lot of "safe mode" issues... I was thinking mine was associated with biteSMS.... What does crash report do? I will get it
Crash Reporter allows you can view the crash log from each app that may have caused the crash, and copy those reports for assistance from the developers or online here.