app store not searching

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by robinhooddaffy, Jul 21, 2016.

1. robinhooddaffy

Bronze

I have an iPhone 6S running 9.3.3 and when I go to search in the App Store, I put the name of the app and hit search but nothing happens. I tried popular apps such as Facebook etc, but nothing happens. But I can click on an app name that is listed in the popular search and it will go to the program. But then when I am in the popular apps shown, I can try again to type an app name and again it will not go anywhere. any suggestions?

2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Try the following steps in the order presented. Try the search after completing each step to see if the problem has been resolved. If the problem is resolved, ignore the remainder of the steps.
    1. Wipe the part of the screen where the search button is located with a soft, lint-free cloth, and make sure it is thoroughly clean (i.e. no greasy residue, etc.).
    2. Force-quit the App Store app (double-click the home button and flick the App Store app card up) and re-launch it.
    3. Restart your iPhone, then re-launch the App Store app.
    4. Panic.
    5. Please report back if none of the above steps work.

3. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Try tapping on one of the icons at the bottom 10 times.

4. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

Same happened to me today. Search just did nothing. I cleared cache and it was better. Slow but better.

5. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Doing me like that as well. Swiping out of multitasking fixes it temporarily. Are you on iOS 10 beta?

#5 Ledsteplin, Jul 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  6. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

I experienced App Store search issues off and on several times in the past week or two. I eventually hit upon a link through a search for something like 'is the app store doesn't. That eventually uncovered an Apple link that revealed that verified that it had been down for that last instance for which I checked.
    YMMV