App Store Price Drops?

sportsfan12321

Bronze
Jul 20, 2008
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard Cro-Mag Rally dropped to $5.99 from $9.99? Do refunds occur in these situations? $4 isn't much but in the future the drops will add up, I'm wondering if Apple/the developers address do/will address this issue.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I haven't check this out yet but if it is true expect no refund. I too paid $10 for the App. It is no different than buying something from a store and 2 months later it goes on sale. Don't always like it, but that's just the way it goes.

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
I don't think they will be as generous as Apple, with the whole refund thing.
Cro-mag is a little weird with the movement anyways, I wouldn't buy it.

sportsfan12321

Bronze
Jul 20, 2008
Well I guess there's a + side to this as well, for the ones that are considering an app but are not sure if it'll be worth it.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
There's actually been several apps that have had a price drop. Maybe they thought they weren't selling enough or would sell more on certain apps if they dropped the price. Also copycat apps seem to be the ones dropping prices.

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
The ridiculous apps like "iBeer" should just be free.
I pity the fool who would pay for an app that has an entertainment value of 5 seconds.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I think we'll see a lot of price fluctuations for quite some time until the appstore dust settles. It's like the wild west right now. Someone introduces an app for $, someone rips it off a week later for free. So yeah, they have to drop their prices to meet demand.

Other side of the coin, there have been free apps that have gone paid, right? If they seem popular enough, why not turn on the cash register? This is businesss, and a new market, so it's gonna be a hairy ride for a while.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Those who bought Cro-Mag Rally for $9.99 should be pissed. It's now $1.99. They're getting desperate. I suppose it did what they wanted, though. Cro-Mag surpassed Asphalt 4 in downloads.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Those who bought Cro-Mag Rally for $9.99 should be pissed. It's now $1.99. They're getting desperate. I suppose it did what they wanted, though. Cro-Mag surpassed Asphalt 4 in downloads.
I hear ya. I am one of the dumb ones that paid $10. It is now priced at what it is probably worth. Not a bad game, but not worth the $10 they were getting.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I'm going to snag Cro-Mag today, and I'm buying Asphalt as well. I saw it on a friend's phone and it looked pretty awesome. I'm also buying BeatMaker, and an AirPort Extreme, a power cord, and a Iomega drive from the Apple Store.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I'm going to snag Cro-Mag today, and I'm buying Asphalt as well. I saw it on a friend's phone and it looked pretty awesome. I'm also buying BeatMaker, and an AirPort Extreme, a power cord, and a Iomega drive from the Apple Store.
The AEBS is sweet. Got one the day I got my MBP and it is so seamless. Plugged it in and bam had my wireless connection. I have an external HD in the USB port for my backups and it works well with this also. You will love it.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
The AEBS is sweet. Got one the day I got my MBP and it is so seamless. Plugged it in and bam had my wireless connection. I have an external HD in the USB port for my backups and it works well with this also. You will love it.
Good to hear. My current Linksys router is pretty sucky - doesn't allow networked printing, has a horrid range, and slows down my connection speeds pretty significantly.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
...as did Frogger too...i coppd it for five bucks and ninety-nine cents...it launched for ten dollas...same thing with Digga...i usually don't jump on a purchase when launched...i exercise a lil' patient, and sometimes that patience pay$ off...but man that is something to look into tho' but i guess it is true, it is a store, and stores do have sales...i better not Frogger for two ninety-nine or me and steve gon' have to talk... LOL...before you know same thing gon' happn with PAC Man and the MSz PAC...and BABY PAC...lol

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I hear ya. I am one of the dumb ones that paid $10. It is now priced at what it is probably worth. Not a bad game, but not worth the $10 they were getting.
I know you well enough to know that you are not dumb. And I didn't think the people who bought Cro-Mag Rally at $10 were dumb. It was actually the only game of its kind until Crash Bandicoot NK3D came out. There was a price drop then. And now, after Asphalt was a hit, there came this latest price drop.

I wonder what Cro-Mag will be priced after The Need For Speed comes out? $.99? Free? :p

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
I know you well enough to know that you are not dumb. And I didn't think the people who bought Cro-Mag Rally at $10 were dumb. It was actually the only game of its kind until Crash Bandicoot NK3D came out. There was a price drop then. And now, after Asphalt was a hit, there came this latest price drop.

I wonder what Cro-Mag will be priced after The Need For Speed comes out? $.99? Free? :p
ah man i don't even wanna know....

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I think Cro Mag is appropriately priced right now at $2. If that sets the bar for $2 games, we're all gonna be sitting pretty.

SwingOnThis

Bronze
Feb 29, 2008
Cro Mag also has the added benefit of being featured in an iPhone commercial.