App Store says apps needed updated when they don't?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

bitemyapple

Bronze
Jan 21, 2014
I'm on a JB 5s with 7.0.6. I keep opening up the App Store and and I see a bunch of apps and games that have the UPDATE button next to them. When I click update it just opens that app up as if it's already updated and the button never changed to OPEN. I've tried restarting my phone and everything. There are about 12 apps that are currently doing this. I thought that apps updated automatically? Anyone know what's going on?

Thanks- bud

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413686289.582116.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
1. Make a list of the apps that won't download and then delete them.
2. Sign out of the App Store.
3. Do a hard reset on the phone by pressing the power and home buttons at the same time. Release both when you see the Apple logo.
4. Open the App Store and sign in.
5. Search for the apps and download them.

bitemyapple

Bronze
Jan 21, 2014
1. Make a list of the apps that won't download and then delete them.
2. Sign out of the App Store.
3. Do a hard reset on the phone by pressing the power and home buttons at the same time. Release both when you see the Apple logo.
4. Open the App Store and sign in.
5. Search for the apps and download them.
I did all the steps and still nothing. Now some of the apps show the cloud with the arrow. Basically its telling me to download FB even thought its installed. This is so strange and driving me nuts.

photo.PNG

bitemyapple

Bronze
Jan 21, 2014
I know you may not want to lose your JB, but have you considered moving to iOS 8?
I was thinking moving to 8. I'm currently on 7.0.6 and I've read several forums that it'll be a while until a JB for 8 is out & 8 isn't anything spectacular right now, bugs galore. This UPDATE bug isn't worth losing JB I feel at the moment. I'm sure there is a fix out there and I read somewhere, can't remember the site but this is becoming a common problem now. I'll hold out for a fix for a little while longer.

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
Gotcha. I'm not a jailbreaker myself, but it doesn't sound like a jailbreak glitch. Sorry I couldn't help you more...

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I'm on a JB 5s with 7.0.6. I keep opening up the App Store and and I see a bunch of apps and games that have the UPDATE button next to them. When I click update it just opens that app up as if it's already updated and the button never changed to OPEN. I've tried restarting my phone and everything. There are about 12 apps that are currently doing this. I thought that apps updated automatically? Anyone know what's going on?

Thanks- bud

View attachment 39175

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here are some possible workarounds.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I just found a thing about it on Reddit, r/jailbreak, seems to be an issue. Anyways thanks for trying :)
Yeah, it's not uncommon.

Try the steps I posted again, but replace #3 with resetting all settings. It's fine to reset your settings while jailbroken.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I also have the same issue. I have to turn on Automatic Updates to update anything. Apps update but will still show the update tag next to them.
Also notice that Update all is greyed out.
iOS 7.0.4 on iPhone 5

iPad on 7.1.2 doesn't have this issue