App Store - searching

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
This is a pet peeve I noticed today.
From my iPhone 6, when in the App Store, and I want to search, I click the search icon. Then I have to click IN the search field.
If there is text in that field already, I have to delete it, prior to performing a search.

Since I clicked on the search button, why not merely place my cursor in that field, and have the field empty, and keyboard showing ready to type?
Am I missing something?

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
From my iPhone 6, when in the App Store, and I want to search, I click the search icon. Then I have to click IN the search field.
If there is text in that field alreadu, I have to delete it, prior to performing a search.

Since I clicked on the search button, why not merely place my cursor in that field, and have the field empty, and keyboard showing ready to type?
Am I missing something?
This was annoying me today as well, and also today the search of a specific named app was running slowly.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
If there is text in that field already, I have to delete it, prior to performing a search.

Am I missing something?
I don't do all that. When I search in the App Store, I enter my search, then tap the go button in the bottom right corner of the keyboard. I don't do all the clicking in the field, unless I see what I want.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.