App store update issues

ZJH90

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
San Francisco!!!!
I am running a jailbroken 2.2 iPhone 3G, and I am having an issue with updating the applications I have purchased through the app store. While on my phone, the little number appears in the top right corner of the app store icon telling me that some apps have updates, except once I go into the app store and look at the updates section, I get the message that says all my apps are up to date. But when I go on my computer and look at iTunes, I can see that I have plenty of apps that need an update. I'm almost positive that this is caused by the jailbreak because I never had this problem before. Is there a fix for this? All help is greatly appreciated.

Feb 9, 2009
I'm not jail broken and the last two days, I'm having the same issue.

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
This is probably an app store issue or possibly an iTunes glitch, i had this problem before i updated iTunes and after the update all is well now. Im stock.

EmiCru

Jan 26, 2009
Am i dumb for not knowing what jailbroken means? I had a similar problem though, it was fixed once i updated iTunes. Have your tried that?

BazookaAce

Bronze
Oct 20, 2008
I had this problem myself before. It fixed itself after a while. You can either wait, or you can restore.

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
I am running a jailbroken 2.2 iPhone 3G, and I am having an issue with updating the applications I have purchased through the app store. While on my phone, the little number appears in the top right corner of the app store icon telling me that some apps have updates, except once I go into the app store and look at the updates section, I get the message that says all my apps are up to date. But when I go on my computer and look at iTunes, I can see that I have plenty of apps that need an update. I'm almost positive that this is caused by the jailbreak because I never had this problem before. Is there a fix for this? All help is greatly appreciated.
I had the exact problem. I got tired of waiting and restored and re-Jailbroke. The problem went away. Good luck. ;)

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Mine just randomly picks apps that need and update and i know they don't cause iTunes shows there up to date. i exit App Store and relaunch its not there any more

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
I just noticed this also this morning... says I have 7 updates but only 5 show up... I could care less not cause I have video recording ablity.....lol whoooohoooo

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Last edited by a moderator: