App Store update not working

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
It's not just for accidental damage. It extends the standard one-year warranty to two years. This covers non-accidental defects (as well as cracks and water damage) on the phone and accessories for two years.
I see. To be honest I did not realize that. I mean chargers break and whatnot. The non OEM chargers are breaking as I have to wiggle them to unplug each from the iPhone, that's normal. I don't want to pull it out. As for the Apple made charger, I don't recall why it broke. I think perhaps it stopped working and would only charge in a certain position, thereforee I threw it away.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I see. To be honest I did not realize that. I mean chargers break and whatnot. The non OEM chargers are breaking as I have to wiggle them to unplug each from the iPhone, that's normal. I don't want to pull it out. As for the Apple made charger, I don't recall why it broke. I think perhaps it stopped working and would only charge in a certain position, thereforee I threw it away.
It sounds like you're buying junk. Did you check any of my links that I posted for you last night?

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
It sounds like you're buying junk. Did you check any of my links that I posted for you last night?
I checked one and it was interesting from what I read. The non OEM ones it makes sense for why those don't last long. What is funny is the seller was shocked to hear from me that they don't last long, which is why he continued to send me more for free. Others didn't want to take the time to complain, as they were cheap in money anyways.

As for the Apple made chargers, I have one in my car. So, once I'm out of the non OEM ones, I think I have 3 left, then I will go and use my Apple made one inside and in car. I am not willing to spend money on another Apple made one to have one inside and out.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I checked one and it was interesting from what I read. The non OEM ones it makes sense for why those don't last long. What is funny is the seller was shocked to hear from me that they don't last long, which is why he continued to send me more for free. Others didn't want to take the time to complain, as they were cheap in money anyways.

As for the Apple made chargers, I have one in my car. So, once I'm out of the non OEM ones, I think I have 3 left, then I will go and use my Apple made one inside and in car. I am not willing to spend money on another Apple made one to have one inside and out.
He wasn't shocked. He's in the businesss of selling garbage and wanted to keep you as a customer so he pretended like it never happens. Most people don't bother getting replacements. They just throw away the cheap knock offs and start buying better quality accessories.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
As for the Apple made charger, I don't recall why it broke. I think perhaps it stopped working and would only charge in a certain position, thereforee I threw it away.
That's too bad. Apple almost certainly would have replaced it for you for free even if the year was up.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
He wasn't shocked. He's in the businesss of selling garbage and wanted to keep you as a customer so he pretended like it never happens. Most people don't bother getting replacements. They just throw away the cheap knock offs and start buying better quality accessories.
Well, he didn't realize they only last but 2 weeks. But nonetheless, I like the cheap ones. I've been using what he sent me each time for quite a while. 5 for $5, and they last me a while. He said the ones I got that only lasted a week or two may have been a 'bad batch.' Not to sure about that, haha.

I want to know, though, why just the Apple charger is so expensive! I think what like 40-50 bucks at Best Buy?

That's too bad. Apple almost certainly would have replaced it for you for free even if the year was up.
I'm sure it's too late now to get a replacement. I would have to show proof that I have a broken Apple made charger. :p

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah

It's not just about them not lasting very long. Check all of my links I posted for you last night if you want to understand this better.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Well, he didn't realize they only last but 2 weeks. But nonetheless, I like the cheap ones. I've been using what he sent me each time for quite a while. 5 for $5, and they last me a while. He said the ones I got that only lasted a week or two may have been a 'bad batch.' Not to sure about that, haha.

I want to know, though, why just the Apple charger is so expensive! I think what like 40-50 bucks at Best Buy?

I'm sure it's too late now to get a replacement. I would have to show proof that I have a broken Apple made charger. :p
I can't help you if you don't check my links. I posted several of them for you last night. They went into detail about the quality and why they cost more. You get what you pay for.

They are NOT $50. They are $19 and you would save money in the long run. You likely could have gotten a replacement for free anyway.

You like the cheap ones that last two weeks, can damage the phone, and cost you more in the long run? Nice.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I can't help you if you don't check my links. I posted several of them for you last night. They went into detail about the quality and why they cost more. You get what you pay for.

They are NOT $50. They are $29 and you would save money in the long run. You likely could have gotten a replacement for free anyway.

You like the cheap ones that last two weeks, can damage the phone, and cost you more in the long run? Nice.
I will check the links soon. If I recall correctly, the price at Best Buy for the iPhone charger was near $40.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I will check the links soon. If I recall correctly, the price at Best Buy for the iPhone charger was near $40.
You're remembering it incorrectly. Best Buy sells Apple accessories for the same prices that Apple charges. They are only $19.
http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/detail.jsp?skuId=6653042&pid=1218803449615&pcatId=abcat0811007

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD810LL/A/apple-5w-usb-power-adapter?aid=www-k2-iphone - accessories&cp=k2-iphone -Apple 5w usb power adapter

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Best Buy sells the adapter and the cord as a package together. At least when I was there a while back they did!

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I'm taking you off my ignore list long enough to ask you:

Did you bother to even open the links before you replied?
Yes, I opened the links of Best Buy and Apple. I know that they are priced everywhere by Apple. What I am saying is at Best Buy it was expensive as it was the adapter and the cord combined.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Best Buy sells the adapter and the cord as a package together. At least when I was there a while back they did!
I've never seen them packaged together at a Best Buy. They sell them singly in the same packaging and for the same price that Apple does. Either way, you didn't state that you were talking about both accessories when you said $50.
Yes, I opened the links of Best Buy and Apple. I know that they are priced everywhere by Apple. What I am saying is at Best Buy it was expensive as it was the adapter and the cord combined.
You didn't check the links I posted last night. I think that's what he was talking about. I feel like I'm wasting my time, so I'm going to stop replying.

Best Buy is no more expensive than Apple. How many times do I have to say they are the same price? I even provided links for you.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I've never seen them packaged together at a Best Buy. They sell them singly in the same packaging and for the same price that Apple does. Either way, you didn't state that you were talking about both accessories when you said $50.

You didn't check the links I posted last night. I think that's what he was talking about. I feel like I'm wasting my time, so I'm going to stop replying.

Best Buy is no more expensive than Apple. How many times do I have to say they are the same price? I even provided links for you.
I saw that they are the same price, and I knew that from the beginning. I'm sorry I was not specific about the price, but yes Best Buy when I was there sold them together.

As for the links, I did look at what I could as I was in bed and had to get up early. I know that non Apple made chargers can cause damage to the iPhone, but luckily I have not experienced any issues. But when it comes time soon to get a new charger as I would like one in my car and in my home, I will get one from Apple.

TomT

Jun 29, 2014
Apple would not put, "May Not Work." on their products. That bit of warning is a big red flag. It tells me, "Do Not Use!".
thanks but it did give me an error message that "this charging cable may not work with this device" I contacted Apple via chat yesterday and they performed on online check and verified that the battery was fine and offered me a charger replacement...thanks for you advice...TomT

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
thanks but it did give me an error message that "this charging cable may not work with this device" I contacted Apple via chat yesterday and they performed on online check and verified that the battery was fine and offered me a charger replacement...thanks for you advice...TomT
Glad you got a replacement. :)