App Store update weirdness

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Both me and the wife have been noticing a lot of strangeness with App Store updates lately, both on the phone and on the desktop. We keep getting update indicators for apps we've already updated. On the phone, sometimes closing the Appstore app and going back will show a different number of apps to be updated. Sometimes opening and closing the app repeatedly eventually shows, accurately, "no new updates".... but not always.

We've both synced fully with backup and it's still doing it. Any ideas?

asandor

Jan 5, 2009
Huntington Beach, CA
I've had the same problem the past few weeks. Just last night said I had 5 apps to update, but when I went to try to update, nothing was in there.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Yep, I've had this for about 2 weeks now. Kind of random. Exiting usually fixes it.

iksn

Silver
Aug 7, 2008
Near Las Vegas
Same problem here. It is intermittent, and I can live with it (I think).

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I've been seeing all of those same issues for the last several weeks. Sometimes rebooting the phone helps - but only for a little while. Sometimes after a sync things seem better - but again only short term.

More often than not, Updates seems to show crap / inaccurate info - very annoying ...

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
You guys getting erratic update info from the desktop as well?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I get weird updates from both the App and from iTunes. I usually just try and control everything from iTunes and it'll go away after a few days.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
But then also come back again in a few days? (that's my experience)
Exactly. The same set of Apps I just updated will say I need to update them again. The same Apps each and every time. I just keep saying update.

The thing is that the second time I "update" nothing appears in the "Download" section on iTunes so I don't think it is actual downloading the updates again.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I've actually had desktop iTunes tell me that my update page information is outdated and to "refresh". I could find no way of doing this other than restarting iTunes.

They're definitely tinkering with something over there...

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I've actually had desktop iTunes tell me that my update page information is outdated and to "refresh". I could find no way of doing this other than restarting iTunes.

They're definitely tinkering with something over there...
Tinkering being synonomous with 'buggering up severely' :)

harleygold

Bronze
Jul 26, 2008
Anderson, IN
Both me and the wife have been noticing a lot of strangeness with App Store updates lately, both on the phone and on the desktop. We keep getting update indicators for apps we've already updated. On the phone, sometimes closing the Appstore app and going back will show a different number of apps to be updated. Sometimes opening and closing the app repeatedly eventually shows, accurately, "no new updates".... but not always.

We've both synced fully with backup and it's still doing it. Any ideas?

no clue. I had six earlier. So i updated them all at once. Then all the sudden the phone stops working. Screen freezes cold turkey! After I did the reboot I get the ugly picture with iTunes logo with the USB connection. I had to do a total restore. Boy was I not a happy camper!

Ericdajerk

Mar 2, 2009
yes mines has been doing the same thing lately