App Store updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

flabyboy

Jun 25, 2008
Minnesota
has anybody else had any problems with iTunes claiming there are updates available when the most up to date version is already on my computer and iPhone. I just checked for updates and it said all of had updates. Anybody else run into this

gotzaiPhone

Zealot
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
yeah, my iTunes will say that there are updates even though I've sync'd my phone that has the current updates from the phones app store. Just click update all if it bothers you and it won't affect the phone next time it's sync'd.

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
It's definitely an iTunes problem. I tried to do the Update All thing a couple of days ago and got a message that my credit balance on my account was out of date. Huh? Anyway, I tried to do it again this morning and everything went fine. No errors, all my apps were re-downloaded to my iTunes library and my credit balance is apparently up to date, whatever that means.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I tried to do the Update All thing a couple of days ago and got a message that my credit balance on my account was out of date. Huh? Anyway, I tried to do it again this morning and everything went fine.
I get this message all the time. The only way I can update apps is either through the phone or if I have more that one update I have to do each one separately. If I try to click all updates, I get that message.:mad:

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
I get this message all the time. The only way I can update apps is either through the phone or if I have more that one update I have to do each one separately. If I try to click all updates, I get that message.:mad:
I'm not sure what the problem was nor do I know what that message means. iTunes showed that 2 apps needed updating but I have about 10 and it didn't show me which ones to update when I looked at them in my Library.

BTW, like your Av...loved the movie.

gadgetgal

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Yes-I've noticed this too, along with dcom's issue of the no credit balance. (in fact, that no credit error might have even been for some of my FREE apps, although I did have plenty enough in my account through a purchased itTunes card)I just tried again, and it worked like the 4th time or so. I agree that it must be a bug.

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
Everyday. App store says I have 9 updates. iTunes none. Annoying as hell. Anyone have the issue of the icon on iTunes in the applications tab is not the same as the one on the phone ... its just dumb.

flabyboy

Jun 25, 2008
Minnesota
anybody else noticed an improvement in the update process for the app store on both the iTunes and the iPhone? things have gotten much better for me over the last week or so.

callisto9

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
IOWA
I was wondering about this too. iTunes shows I have no updated, but my phone often shows I have updates, and they are usually from 7/2008. What gives? I can't tell if I should update my phone or not. I don't know what version I have, actually.

For instance, right now my App Store on my phone shows I have an update for Facebook, version 2.2 and the date is 07/10/08 and an update for MySpace version 1.4.1 and the date is 07/03/08. What gives? I know I've updated these apps since mid-last summer.

budala15

Bronze
Nov 17, 2013
Why don't I see a number on the App Store app when there is an available update for an app? Now I have to manually open the App Store for it to tell me about any available updates.

Sent from my iPhone 5S

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Sadly, I don't have an answer for you at all, but I can tell you that this now happens to me although I'm not on iOS 7.

I am on an iPhone 5 iOS 6.1.2. I have to open the App Store and let it update and check. Sometimes it doesn't even check but then a few minutes after closing the App Store, it shows me the number on the icon that something is needed to be updated. Sometimes it shows a number on the icon but then I go to see and no update is there.

budala15

Bronze
Nov 17, 2013
Sadly, I don't have an answer for you at all, but I can tell you that this now happens to me although I'm not on iOS 7.

I am on an iPhone 5 iOS 6.1.2. I have to open the App Store and let it update and check. Sometimes it doesn't even check but then a few minutes after closing the App Store, it shows me the number on the icon that something is needed to be updated. Sometimes it shows a number on the icon but then I go to see and no update is there.
My iPad Air has ios7, but it displays the number on the icon each and every time. I don't get why my 5S won't do it?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
My iPad Air has ios7, but it displays the number on the icon each and every time. I don't get why my 5S won't do it?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
Your iPad Air does this issue, but your iPhone 5S doesn't? Interesting. I am not sure, but lately for me I have not had this issue. I still have to manually check for updates though.