App Store "Upgrade All" Grayed Out

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Have a friend with iPhone 4S, running iOS 7.0.2. While in the App Store, about 4 or 5 Apps are shown as requiring an update. However the "Upgrade All" button at the top is grayed out and unresponsive. When she clicks on a individual upgrade for each App, the App in question opens.
Any ideas what may cause the Upgrade All button to gray out?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It might just be a glitch. Have her try a hard reset. If that doesn't work, have her log out of the App Store, reboot and then log back in.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I've never had that problem on a jailbroken device, either, but I have heard of it happening to others - stock and jailbroken. A lot of bugs only affect a small percentage of users. Software is weird like that.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
What iOS version you on?
There's discussions on here somewhere of other people having this same issue.
iPad on 7.1.2 no problem
iPhone on 7.0.4 I have this same problem
No plans to update to 8.1 and rejailbreak? The window is still open, but it will slam shut and get sealed soon - probably in a couple days.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
No plans to update to 8.1 and rejailbreak? The window is still open, but it will slam shut and get sealed soon - probably in a couple days.
Didn't really like all the problems I was hearing with iOS 8.x lately
But I guess I just may have too for kicks. Not worried about the app update issue really. I turn the auto update on and off as needed lol

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Thanks all. Not jail broken. Tried everything but logging out and back in to App Store. Will try that tomorrow and see if the issue still persists.

Kriss

Zealot
Silver
Jun 8, 2008
Cape Cod
voyager01.deviantart.com
Thanks all. Not jail broken. Tried everything but logging out and back in to App Store. Will try that tomorrow and see if the issue still persists.
I don't think signing out and back in will solve this. I recently had this issue as well and the workaround was that I could click on the individual app icon that needs to be updated. From there I could actually hit the update button and then it asked me for my iTunes password. At that point somehow I recognized that my associated payment method on the app store had expired and was no longer valid. When I went in and corrected that, the update all button was no longer greyed out.