App suggestions.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
The limit on the number of people allowed in a pm is five plus yourself. Thought that should be more. I am sure it is that way to prevent spammers from sending a message to everyone. But maybe ten or something.
Also in pm's you can't add/invite someone during a conversation unless it is just you and another person.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
The ability to not see signatures. I don't know how hard this is because I am not bright. I do know that I hate seeing signature. The two line ones are bad. The six line one is horrible (you know who u are). I don't think I am the only one that would love this feature.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
The ability to not see signatures. I don't know how hard this is because I am not bright. I do know that I hate seeing signature. The two line ones are bad. The six line one is horrible (you know who u are). I don't think I am the only one that would love this feature.
I'd like to get rid of signatures altogether. IMO, they are more trouble than they are worth because of spammers, people who use long signatures and huge images, and how they show up above the line and in the body of the quote when they are app signatures. I have to remove the person's app signature each time I quote them so it doesn't waste two lines of space. The ones with names are cool as long as they are made on a computer and not the app (so they don't show up in quotes), but how many people actually use them for that? I don't need to read the same quote repeatedly throughout the day, so I just try to block them out.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
I'd like to get rid of signatures altogether. IMO, they are more trouble than they are worth because of spammers, people who use long signatures and huge images, and how they show up above the line and in the body of the quote when they are app signatures. I have to remove the person's app signature each time I quote them so it doesn't waste two lines of space. The ones with names are cool as long as they are made on a computer and not the app (so they don't show up in quotes), but how many people actually use them for that? I don't need to read the same quote repeatedly throughout the day, so I just try to block them out.
I agree. There is one floating around that is like seven lines long. It is annoying. I don't get the point of them. We all know that like 50% of people here post from their iPhone or iPad. Probably from the icafe app.
I don't use the site so I don't know how bad those are but I can imagine.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Six words would be me. Later you reference seven lines, assume that's me too, if not then curious.

I don't get the point of them. We all know that like 50% of people here post from their iPhone or iPad. Probably from the icafe app.
I don't use the site so I don't know how bad those are but I can imagine.
I'd say over 80%.

---

I use my phone, an iPhone, an iPod and the desktop. For me, the signatures communicate context as in;
I'm not currently on an iPhone so hope that quickly conveys coming from a different point of view, not being able to see any referred material at least immediately, etc.
I'm currently on Tapatalk and can not like back or nor do I see any messages sent me. BabyT is an example of someone that at least occasionally uses Tapatalk and so is disconnected from PM for extended periods.
Failing to communicate these nuances can lead to unintentional offenses. Having them to detail them in depth isn't possible. A signature then has this function.

Anyway, as a sincere courtesy to you I will use the signature below. My first change to 'mobilephone' was also a courtesy to you.

Sent from Tapatalk

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Under favorites I only see 20, under participated I see 171. I'm subscribed to 2,300 some threads. Sometimes I like to go back and read some of them. maybe something in settings? How many do you see under your favorites?

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I've noticed that too, now that you mention it. My favorites seems to be locked at 20. If I delete one thread, another rolls up into its place.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Under favorites I only see 20, under participated I see 171. I'm subscribed to 2,300 some threads. Sometimes I like to go back and read some of them. maybe something in settings? How many do you see under your favorites?
Got it. Let me see what's happening there and what options we might have going forward. There are no immediate plans for an app update, but I expect to start ramping up the next update sometime in the coming months.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
No biggie, it would be nice to have.
I'm perfectly satisfied with the app, anything extra it's a plus.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Got it. Let me see what's happening there and what options we might have going forward. There are no immediate plans for an app update, but I expect to start ramping up the next update sometime in the coming months.
Retina for the new iPad?

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
It would be nice to have instagram under identities. Who the hell uses ICQ and yahoo messenger anymore?

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
chris. Is there a way you can make it so we can select what type of font we want to post all of our replies and newly created Threads in?

I ask because I loathe the stock TimesNew Roman and am so tired of selecting all of my text and then choosing Font Family and Verdana. I know a lot of people proably use the App and this is not an option on the App, but for the people who use the computer and or iPad, this might be helpful. It would be less restrictive and combersome. If I could just choose it permanently until I want to change it and all of my responses can be in the font of my choosing across all platforms, that would be great.

Is this something that can be done?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
chris. Is there a way you can make it so we can select what type of font we want to post all of our replies and newly created Threads in?

I ask because I loath the stock TimesNew Roman and am so tired of selecting all of my text and then choosing Font Family and Verdana. I know a lot of people proably use the App and this is not an option on the App, but for the people who use the computer and or iPad, this might be helpful. It would be less restrictive and combersome. If I could just choose it permanently until I want to change it and all of my responses can be in the font of my choosing across all platforms, that would be great.

Is this something that can be done?

Probably revisit an app update this fall. Will certainly see if that's something which can be done.