App Switcher

Sschep1

Bronze
Jul 10, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Hello all. I have noticed that sometimes when I use app switcher on the new update iOS 9.0.2 the icons are unavailable or showing a default icon. Anyone else having this problem and how do you fix it? I know there is probably a post about this already. If so could you point me in the right direction. Thanks!!!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
My icons are all correct. Try doing a hard reset. Press the home and power buttons at the same time until it reboots.

Sschep1

Bronze
Jul 10, 2010
Baltimore, MD
I've tried everything minus a full reset. I'm gonna try that if I have no luck elsewhere. Let me correct myself it has been since I have had the phone. So from softwares 9.0 to 9.0.2. It has happened in everyone of them.

Ledsteplin, it is the icons above the the app view in the app switcher when you double press the home button. Those app icons are not showing up. I'll take a pic to show you.

rvest

Oct 10, 2015
I have had it happen to me with several apps. Safari, mail, settings, more. After closing all apps and several reboots it cleared up. Strange???

Sschep1

Bronze
Jul 10, 2010
Baltimore, MD
I have had it happen to me with several apps. Safari, mail, settings, more. After closing all apps and several reboots it cleared up. Strange???
Thanks I will try that. It does only happen with Apple apps. No third party apps are affected.

rvest

Oct 10, 2015
My "fix" didn't last only a few days. My problem returned today.

pietroune

Oct 4, 2015
I also have had it happen to me with several apps. The problem seems to have disappeared after some reboots. :censored: