App that removes iPod icon and replaces with video and music icons

CanSpec

Bronze
Mar 5, 2008
I am trying to find the source that replaces the ipod icon with the video and music icons just like on the i-touch, Thanks for any help.:)

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I don't know of a program that does this but if your phone is jailbroken and you have the images that you want to use as the icons you can manually change them in the folders for the programs themselve. You would need to have the icons in .png format and use an SSH connection such as iPhonebrowser and navigate to the /Application/<programname>.app directory and replace the icon.png file in there with your copy.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
There use to be a hack in Installer that would do this for you. However I think post 1.1.1 they no longer supported it. What you can do instead is use Customize and I believe you can do it through there. If not, I'm sure you can modify the .plist files to get them to unhide and show.

CanSpec

Bronze
Mar 5, 2008
There use to be a hack in Installer that would do this for you. However I think post 1.1.1 they no longer supported it. What you can do instead is use Customize and I believe you can do it through there. If not, I'm sure you can modify the .plist files to get them to unhide and show.
Customize doesn't work in 1.1.4 (yet...suppose to be an update next week). I did have the app on my phone but did a restore and didn't backup like I should have:mad: so I know there is something out there but can't remember the name or where:(. I will keep looking. Thanks for your help.

hinzy

Bronze
Feb 6, 2008
Customize doesn't work in 1.1.4 (yet...suppose to be an update next week). I did have the app on my phone but did a restore and didn't backup like I should have:mad: so I know there is something out there but can't remember the name or where:(. I will keep looking. Thanks for your help.
i found it in installer on my phone..... it's called iPod2.

there is an iPod3 that does the same thing but also keeps the iPod icon as well as adding the other two.

I believe it's in Ste Packaging in Community sources.

CanSpec

Bronze
Mar 5, 2008
i found it in installer on my phone..... it's called iPod2.

there is an iPod3 that does the same thing but also keeps the iPod icon as well as adding the other two.

I believe it's in Ste Packaging in Community sources.
Thats it! But do u know the source address that I can add to my installer? Thank you!:)

hinzy

Bronze
Feb 6, 2008
Thats it! But do u know the source address that I can add to my installer? Thank you!:)
I thought Community sourses was automatically added when you jailbreak?

Do you have any of the Community sources when you look under your sources?

CanSpec

Bronze
Mar 5, 2008
I thought Community sourses was automatically added when you jailbreak?

Do you have any of the Community sources when you look under your sources?
yes I do but where is the iPod app located in installer cause I don't see it?

hinzy

Bronze
Feb 6, 2008
yes I do but where is the iPod app located in installer cause I don't see it?
If you have Community sources installed and Ste Packaging.... it should just be under--- Install > All Packages > iPod2

Last edited by a moderator:

CanSpec

Bronze
Mar 5, 2008
If you have Community sources installed and Ste Packaging.... it should just be under--- Install > All Packages > iPod2
k. I found it. Thant everyone. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

CanSpec

Bronze
Mar 5, 2008
What firmware does that work with. I know its in 1.1.1 tweaks but has anyone tried it with 1.1.3 or 1.1.4.?
it works with 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 and I found it in installer. :)