App to Back-up Bookmarks

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by Kenny65, May 30, 2016.

1. Kenny65

Kenny65 New Member

I use a few of the Twitter apps and Twitter clients like Tweet Caster, which Happens to have even more features than the original Twitter apps. It has a bookmark feature to capture and save users. Only thing is, and maybe I'm doing something wrong, when I upgrade to a newer phone I lose my app's bookmarks. Is there a solution, something I'm not doing right or an app that saves social media bookmarks?

2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Have you restored the new device from an iTunes backup, and selected a backup that was made after you created the bookmarks on those Twitter clients on the old device?

You can use the built-in Safari app to accomplish this. On Safari, go to any user’s profile page, i.e. https://mobile.twitter.com/so_and_so. Tap the share button at the bottom. Tap the Add Bookmark button, select a location for the bookmark, and BAM! You’ve created a social media bookmark.

A huge benefit of doing it via Safari is that these bookmarks will follow you to Safari on your desktop or laptop.

Incidentally, the same benefit can be enjoyed using Firefox or Chrome.

#2 Rafagon, May 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
  3. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

And even if you restore your device as new, the bookmarks will be there in Safari. Not sure about other 3rd party browsers.

4. Kenny65

Kenny65 New Member

I usually restore my upgraded devices from the iCloud, in which I conduct an auto backup just about every night. Just about everything is retired but for some reason I lose my Tweetcaster bookmarks...comes up blank/empty. I even have iCloud clicked in my preferences within the app's settings!

5. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

On your old device, if you go to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage [under the iCloud heading] > [This iPhone] and look under Backup Options, is the Tweetcaster app listed and set to On?

6. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I'm seeing a lot of negative reviews and reports about Tweetcaster. The bookmarks feature has been mentioned several times as not working or the bookmarks are missing. Sounds like that app needs a serious update.

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yeah, it's a garbage app from a sleazy developer. Don't wait for an update. Delete.