App to Back-up Bookmarks

Kenny65

Apr 15, 2012
I use a few of the Twitter apps and Twitter clients like Tweet Caster, which Happens to have even more features than the original Twitter apps. It has a bookmark feature to capture and save users. Only thing is, and maybe I'm doing something wrong, when I upgrade to a newer phone I lose my app's bookmarks. Is there a solution, something I'm not doing right or an app that saves social media bookmarks?

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I use a few of the Twitter apps and Twitter clients like Tweet Caster, which Happens to have even more features than the original Twitter apps. It has a bookmark feature to capture and save users. Only thing is, and maybe I'm doing something wrong, when I upgrade to a newer phone I lose my app's bookmarks. Is there a solution, something I'm not doing right
Have you restored the new device from an iTunes backup, and selected a backup that was made after you created the bookmarks on those Twitter clients on the old device?

or an app that saves social media bookmarks?
You can use the built-in Safari app to accomplish this. On Safari, go to any user’s profile page, i.e. https://mobile.twitter.com/so_and_so. Tap the share button at the bottom. Tap the Add Bookmark button, select a location for the bookmark, and BAM! You’ve created a social media bookmark.

A huge benefit of doing it via Safari is that these bookmarks will follow you to Safari on your desktop or laptop.

Incidentally, the same benefit can be enjoyed using Firefox or Chrome.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Have you restored the new device from an iTunes backup, and selected a backup that was made after you created the bookmarks on those Twitter clients on the old device?

You can use the built-in Safari app to accomplish this. On Safari, go to any user’s profile page, i.e. https://mobile.twitter.com/so_and_so. Tap the share button at the bottom. Tap the Add Bookmark button, select a location for the bookmark, and BAM! You’ve created a social media bookmark.

A huge benefit of doing it via Safari is that these bookmarks will follow you to Safari on your desktop or laptop.

Incidentally, the same benefit can be enjoyed using Firefox or Chrome.
And even if you restore your device as new, the bookmarks will be there in Safari. Not sure about other 3rd party browsers.

Kenny65

Apr 15, 2012
I usually restore my upgraded devices from the iCloud, in which I conduct an auto backup just about every night. Just about everything is retired but for some reason I lose my Tweetcaster bookmarks...comes up blank/empty. I even have iCloud clicked in my preferences within the app's settings!

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I usually restore my upgraded devices from the iCloud, in which I conduct an auto backup just about every night. Just about everything is retired but for some reason I lose my Tweetcaster bookmarks...comes up blank/empty. I even have iCloud clicked in my preferences within the app's settings!
On your old device, if you go to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage [under the iCloud heading] > [This iPhone] and look under Backup Options, is the Tweetcaster app listed and set to On?

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I'm seeing a lot of negative reviews and reports about Tweetcaster. The bookmarks feature has been mentioned several times as not working or the bookmarks are missing. Sounds like that app needs a serious update.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'm seeing a lot of negative reviews and reports about Tweetcaster. The bookmarks feature has been mentioned several times as not working or the bookmarks are missing. Sounds like that app needs a serious update.
Yeah, it's a garbage app from a sleazy developer. Don't wait for an update. Delete.