App to prevent iOS update push

Discussion in 'Cydia Apps' started by Just Visiting, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Just Visiting

Just Visiting New Member

I am thinking of jail-breaking my iPhohe 5 which is currently running the latest 7.1.2 via One Click:

The reason I wish to do this is so I can delete pr prevent the push of iOS that always happens each time a new update comes along. I only have 16 GB but I have many apps so I don't want to lose my storage to this download.

I understand that there is an app of way to remove or even prevent my device from downloading the update via wifi? Is this still correct? If so, how?

Thanks

2. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

If I recall correctly, the newer jailbreaks automatically disable the OTA update "feature." I'm still on 7.0.4 jailbroken on my 5s and I don't have any specific tweaks installed for this, nor have I ever had the badge/notification that there is an update available. When I try to manually check for a software update through the settings app it sits on "Checking for Update" for as long as I care to wait. I'm pretty sure you don't need to install a specific app, though I remember doing so on older jailbreaks. Hopefully someone else can confirm this.

3. Just Visiting

Just Visiting New Member

Thanks, I think you might be right. However, I just read up on the One Click Jailbreak and it's got issues.
    Can anyone suggest another jailbreak method for 7.1.2?

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Pangu for Mac or Windows.
    http://en.pangu.io