App to schedule WiFi

BoomerFZ1

Bronze
Dec 10, 2008
Anyone know if there's an app out there that can enable and/or disable wifi on a schedule?

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
definitely not in the app store... might be something for jailbroken phones though. are you by any chance jailbroken? (assuming you're not.)

BoomerFZ1

Bronze
Dec 10, 2008
No I'm not but I've considered it. Not sure the benefits are really worth it. Is there a lot of apps available when jailbroken?

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
yes, there are tons of apps when jailbroken, and you can do so much more than you ever possibly could with a stock phone. i was reluctant to doing it at first. had my phone for a year before i jailbroke, and now i definitely think its worth it, i could never go back to being stock. and its so easy too, it only takes about 10 min, and you can always restore and go back...

BoomerFZ1

Bronze
Dec 10, 2008
I assume there's a good place here on this site for jailbreaking and things you can do after you do this? Or do you have some other good resources?

BoomerFZ1

Bronze
Dec 10, 2008
Man I started the jailbreak process and Quickpwn says the process has completed successfuly but all I've been looking at for the past 10 minutes is the Apple logo. It's vibrated thrice (two quick buzzes each time) and rebooted once. But nothing else. Does it take awhile...should I not be freakin' out that I may have bricked my iPhone?

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
Man I started the jailbreak process and Quickpwn says the process has completed successfuly but all I've been looking at for the past 10 minutes is the Apple logo. It's vibrated thrice (two quick buzzes each time) and rebooted once. But nothing else. Does it take awhile...should I not be freakin' out that I may have bricked my iPhone?
did you disconnect it or anything before it finished rebooting? if anything goes wrong, just remember that you can always restore and try again. :)

BoomerFZ1

Bronze
Dec 10, 2008
Okay...I'm going to try again...do I just restore from a backup when I'm finished to get all my apps and stuff back?

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
Okay...I'm going to try again...do I just restore from a backup when I'm finished to get all my apps and stuff back?
yeah, that should do it. just make sure you do what it says on the screen and wait for it to reboot all the way before you do anything when its jailbreaking.

BoomerFZ1

Bronze
Dec 10, 2008
Alright...thanks Ezekiel2517. I'll let you know how it goes.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Alright...thanks Ezekiel2517. I'll let you know how it goes.
I had the same problem. Don't quickpwn - use pwnage and go through the entire process. If you're running leopard, you need to have your phone hooked up through a powered hub.