App Update Problem

ZJH90

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
San Francisco!!!!
So, I am trying to update a few of my apps off the app store, but when when I try to update the apps, I get this message: "This discounted price is only available to customers who own a previous version of this item. To purchase this item at full price, click Buy". As you can see, my problem is that I already own the apps that it is trying to get me to purchase again. I called Apple, and they couldn't help me at all. What do you guys think? All help is greatly appreciated.

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
If this is a free app, just hit "buy at full price". Still won't pay a dime. If it costs money, then I don't know. Might be the same situation as if you buy a protected-AAC file from the iTunes Store--if you want to buy the song again, it's another $.99.

mokeiko

Jul 4, 2007
If you purchased the app with your iTunes account and shared that same app with a different iPhone, that's where your problem might be. Connect your iPhone to iTunes and login using the account you purchased the app from. You should then be able to update the app on your iPhone. I ran into this when sharing apps with another iPhone in our household. Remember, only the major iTunes account holder who purchased the app can only update. If you want to update the other iPhone, connect the other iPhone and log in to iTunes with the original purchase account, update the app in iTunes, log out and log in using the other iPhone/iTunes account and sync the app. I hope it's not too confusing.

Mokeiko