AppFlow = CoverFlow for Launching Apps

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
AppFlow - just released by Erica Sadun - lets you scroll through and launch your apps via a CoverFlow-like interface.

It's not on Installer yet, so go HERE for the download ...

katra

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
AppFlow - just released by Erica Sadun - lets you scroll through and launch your apps via a CoverFlow-like interface.

It's not on Installer yet, so go HERE for the download ...

man, i really want to try this app ! i got it installed but it stays stuck at the "hello world" screen .....:eek:

how did you get it to work !?:mad:

please guide me...:sick:

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
man, i really want to try this app ! i got it installed but it stays stuck at the "hello world" screen .....:eek:

how did you get it to work !?:mad:

please guide me...:sick:
I didn't do anything special to make it work - only thing I did was add it to the /Applications folder and change permissions to 0755 on its included files ...

katra

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
I didn't do anything special to make it work - only thing I did was add it to the /Applications folder and change permissions to 0755 on its included files ...

i did the same thing, i changed permissions to 755 with the squid app, but still, nothing...

what did you use?

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
I'm trying to find a reasonable way to use this application, I mean the idea is great, I just find it a little odd to flick passed icons to find this app and launch it only to view the ones i skimmed over a 2nd time in cover flow.

katra

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Are you on a PC or a Mac? WinSCP is not hard to use at all. Can offer some guidance if you're on a PC and want to try installing it ...

cool ! yeah im on a pc,

please guide....

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
cool ! yeah im on a pc,

please guide....
Ok - launch WinSCP and then:
  • In the Hostname field - type the IP address of your iPhone
  • username and password are root and alpine
  • In the File Protocol field, change to SCP via the drop-down
  • Hit Login
  • You should see a message relating to key generation, which you just say Yes to
  • That's it - then you should be presented with an Explorer-like interface - showing the iPhone's directory structure in the right-hand pane.
  • Browse to /Applications and the folder for the AppFlow app - select all the files, and hit F9 to adjust permissions
Not sure if that will help much, as you may have already done the same, but just in case ...

emx620

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Ok - launch WinSCP and then:
  • In the Hostname field - type the IP address of your iPhone
  • username and password are root and alpine
  • In the File Protocol field, change to SCP via the drop-down
  • Hit Login
  • You should see a message relating to key generation, which you just say Yes to
  • That's it - then you should be presented with an Explorer-like interface - showing the iPhone's directory structure in the right-hand pane.
  • Browse to /Applications and the folder for the AppFlow app - select all the files, and hit F9 to adjust permissions
Not sure if that will help much, as you may have already done the same, but just in case ...
Just to let you know you normally only need to edit the program itself, in this case AppFlow under AppFlow.app. Right click the file and click Properties and there are the Permissions. Check all the "X" boxes and click Ok. Then restart SpringBoard

Scottshotz

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
anyone know of itll ever go on installer? Nevermind its on there. Ok here's a question I REALLY wanna know. Is there an app that would act like catagories but would poof apps off of my "dock" app and now my "appflow" app. Both are great but I have too many apps. I'd like to keep them but condense the amount visible. Any help?