Apple 1.1.3

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
ok, i was on 1.1.3 jb...but my hpone "froze" when i tirned it off, then back on...so i had 2 restore and i updated to the non JB 1.13
is there a way i can get back to jailbroke 1.1.2 ?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
ok, i was on 1.1.3 jb...but my hpone "froze" when i tirned it off, then back on...so i had 2 restore and i updated to the non JB 1.13
is there a way i can get back to jailbroke 1.1.2 ?
If your phone is original 1.1.2 obt made above week 46 then not you cannot, you are forced to say at 1.1.3 for the rest of your life until the next update comes. Sorry:eek:

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Someone on another forum keeps insisting that it is possible to downgrade an 1.1.2 OTB after it has been upgraded to 1.1.3. So this is still not possible?

I have not read that at all anywhere, some people will say anything, but there have been people here that have tried and no go.

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
i cant get the 12th step to work...what am i doing wrong ? i get to the add contacts and then i click on the contact i made, but no Wi-Fi network to pick from, then i get like a white circle like a light on the screen, and i cant do anything

I have not read that at all anywhere, some people will say anything, but there have been people here that have tried and no go.
I have tried multiple times to downgrade and I always get that there was an unknown error before the restore even begins. I'm happy staying at 1.1.3 on one of my phones, I still have another phone with 1.1.2. I just would be happy knowing I can go back to 1.1.2 if needed.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
i cant get the 12th step to work...what am i doing wrong ? i get to the add contacts and then i click on the contact i made, but no Wi-Fi network to pick from, then i get like a white circle like a light on the screen, and i cant do anything
Did you do the dial *#307# thing?

Do you have wifi in your house?

When you click the newly added contact "prefs:" that takes you to the wifi in settings and you join your wifi.

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
Someone on another forum keeps insisting that it is possible to downgrade an 1.1.2 OTB after it has been upgraded to 1.1.3. So this is still not possible?
It is NOT possible to downgrade an OTB 1.1.2 if you want to stay at 1.1.2 and have service. (Technically it is possible, but that would require changing the bootloader and opening up your phone). However, it IS possible to temporarily downgrade so that you can: jailbreak 1.1.1, upgrade to jailbreak 1.1.2, and finally to a jailbroken 1.1.3 with service. Your phone will not have service when you downgrade, but you won't need it anyway, since your goal is to get back up to 1.1.3.

If your phone is not unlocked, follow this tutorial:
http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?p=195983#post195983

This tutorial will leave you with a jailbroken 1.1.3 phone with 1.1.3 baseband, so you won't have to rely on 3rd party apps to fix Google Locator. Plus Hybrid view works too!

It is NOT possible to downgrade an OTB 1.1.2 if you want to stay at 1.1.2 and have service. (Technically it is possible, but that would require changing the bootloader and opening up your phone). However, it IS possible to temporarily downgrade so that you can: jailbreak 1.1.1, upgrade to jailbreak 1.1.2, and finally to a jailbroken 1.1.3 with service. Your phone will not have service when you downgrade, but you won't need it anyway, since your goal is to get back up to 1.1.3.

If your phone is not unlocked, follow this tutorial:
http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?p=195983#post195983

This tutorial will leave you with a jailbroken 1.1.3 phone with 1.1.3 baseband, so you won't have to rely on 3rd party apps to fix Google Locator. Plus Hybrid view works too!
Thanks. I just wanted to have the ability to go back to 1.1.2 and still have phone service. I don't care about jailbreaking so much. I may go through the jailbreak process just to do it but even then if I do, I'll wait a while to see how it goes with other people.