Apple Access

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by Woesong, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Woesong

Woesong Member
    Bronze

I cannot easily access the Apple home pages with my iPhone. Why is that? Wouldn't you think the very creator of the mobile revolution would provide access to the major item in their toolkit?

I do as much businesss as I can over this phone. I can receive, sign, and return PDFs, I can scan and file documents, I can take film and video and edit photos - what I cannot do is read the Apple homepage without pinching and zooming.

Why is that?

Sent using iCafe app

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

On my iPhone 5, mobile Safari shows me complete pages on Apple's site.

IMG_0002.PNG

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Some of the text is a little small, but I don't have any trouble reading it. It would be difficult for those with poor vision, though. Aside from the small text, I think it's formatted nicely for the iPhone. They might not have a true mobile version with big text because they realize that mobile versions often have limited features when compared to full versions. They might want to only offer the full content. They do have a really nice app for the iPhone if you want to browse their store and order products.

4. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

I am also curious why Apple's site doesn't have a mobile friendly version. It struck me a couple days ago when I was updating to the new two-step Apple ID verification using my iPhone. The pinching and zooming seemed a bit ridiculous considering.