Apple agrees to iPhone MMS... in sweden.

ADDam

Bronze
Mar 2, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Well thats not fair... Oh well, maybe someday we'll be lucky enough to get it.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
V. Annoyed

holds prospects though

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
This is every bit of ridiculous. Perhaps bothering Apple about is the wrong way to go, time to start contacting AT&T (as if we haven't already).

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
This is every bit of ridiculous. Perhaps bothering Apple about is the wrong way to go, time to start contacting AT&T (as if we haven't already).
nah, it's still Apple that needs convincing. It benefits ATT to have MMS as well, so i'm sure the big wigs at each company have had many arguments on the matter.

Maybe Apple is looking at this like a "beta" test of sorts.

also important to note:

Swedish carrier Telia has convinced Apple to allow it to develop its own MMS application...
so this is NOT going to be integrated into the stock SMS app, which could be kinda annoying.

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
Maybe someone can get their hands on that MMS application... wouldn't that be sweet if it would work in the states, on ATT... heh.

Jul 24, 2008
update

FYI, I started this same thread in the official Apple iPhone forum and it was promptly deleted. They sent me an email saying that it was deleted on the grounds of its "speculative nature". Apple has a great product with the iPhone but they have a "soup****" mentalitly... NO MMS FOR YOU!... NO CUT AND PASTE FOR YOU! NO SPECULATIVE THREAD FOR YOU!...

harleygold

Bronze
Jul 26, 2008
Anderson, IN
Swedish carrier Telia has convinced Apple to allow it to develop its own MMS application, citing numerous user requests. The application is expected to be available within the next few months.
And we haven't? BS.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Yeah, that's why I think they may Be treating this as a kind of beta test.

But who knows why they do what they do...