Apple Blocked Pwnage on New Aluminum MacBooks?

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
So I never had a problem unlocking my iPhone using my white macbook but since I got my new aluminum macbook Pwnage just wont work. iTunes will not recognize my iPhone when in dfu so I can restore it. When I connect my iPhone to iTunes in DFU mode it does not give me an option to restore. I tried using my old white macbook again and it works fine, both macbooks are running the same version of leopard & iTunes. Any suggestions?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
This seems very unlikely. I suppose the new MacBooks are running a slightly different version of OS X than older MacBooks are due to the hardware differences (the same applies to the MacBook Air) but I don't see why that would cause PwnageTool to have problems. If it did, Apple would have released some sort of update for other Macs doing the same thing.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Well it seems the problem lies more in iTunes. When you put the iPhone in DFU mode, iTunes will not recognize it and allow me to restore.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Well it seems the problem lies more in iTunes. When you put the iPhone in DFU mode, iTunes will not recognize it and allow me to restore.
Well if you want to buy me a new MBP to replace my 1st gen one I'll be more than happy to try it and tell you :)