Apple Bluetooth Headset Discussion

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Too much money to spend on a BT headset. My wifes BT headset messed up so I went to BestBuy and got her a very nice BT headset for $29.99. I can't see spending $129.99 just because you also get a charger base.

Which headset did you get?

Joon

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
Yeah I am digging this as well. I will wait till I see a review of the headset itself. I don't like how there is nothing that goes over your ear, so it just hands on your ear hole. I also want to see if it blocks out sound that is around you like the jawbone does.

Joon

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
it doesn't have noise cancelling like the jawbone does...

I figured that much, I want to see if it does a small bit. Hopefully. We will see. Cause right now I am completely leaning towards the jawbone. What is nice about this headset is the dock and being able to see the actual charge of the headset.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Too much money to spend on a BT headset. My wifes BT headset messed up so I went to BestBuy and got her a very nice BT headset for $29.99. I can't see spending $129.99 just because you also get a charger base.
Shewee! $130? That's more than the regular price for the Jawbone. And I got my Jawbone for $80 from tiger direct's amazon store weeks ago! And let me tell you, this is how a non-A2DP Bluetooth headset is supposed to work. Sounds better than the phone does. With the jawbone, you can finally say that bluetooth has arrived. People don't know when im on my headset.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Hmm. With the jawbone you can redial the last call by clicking twice. With just about every Bluetooth headset you have the same functionality. Does the $130 Apple headset have this function? How about active noise cancellation? Hmm.

My $80 jawbone's looking purty darn good about now.

cj sparrow

Bronze
Jul 24, 2007
Colorado
I bought the Jawbone instead

I decided to buy the Jawbone. I like the styling and the noise cancelling is amazing.

I use my headset mostly in the car, and the people on the other side of the conversation say it makes a huge difference, especially when I have the windows down. Plus, I am very selective about these types of units since I find most of them to be very uncomfortable to wear. The Jawbone has a nice fit that I can wear for extended periods and not get tired of it.

Apple headsets don't generally have the best design.

The Toddfather

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
I ordered one on July 14 and it still doesn't show that it shipped. I was told that orders placed in advance would ship before they would be available in stores?