Apple Bluetooth Headset Review (Rated 9)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mmm208

Aug 15, 2007
After owning many , many headsets over the years i realized that all headsets will range in performance depending on which phone you pair it with. Motorola Headsets usually work well with motorola PHONES. Plantronics and sony work well with Treos. And NOW! Apple haedset works well with Apple iPhone.
(Please note that several people that have complained on static issues had an issue with their iPhone itself. I had to send my own phone in for warranteee repair as my BT section was faulty with loud static with any product paired with it. Its thought the first batch of iPhones have poor BT radios)
After i paired the Apple Headset with the new phone i was amazed. It was clear with good reception and good range, and the best part is you
don't look like a geek wearing the headset because its so small. It has good run time and usually lasts all day. The dual charge dock and cable is a bonus. All in All one the best headsets experienced to date. Its a headset you will actually USE due its small size. If you purchased one and it was poor, make sure your iPhone BT section is not faulty.

The only bad thing is that you cannot use headset with iPhone in your pocket . Reception gets lost or poor at best.

I rate the Apple BT headset an 9 out of 10 stars.....

webb

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Southern NJ, USA
I agree totally. Bought mine a couple weeks ago and agree that you don't look like a dork with a big hunk of plastic sticking out of your head. Way to go Steve Jobs!

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
Ive looked at it a few times, but does it have a wire type frame to hang on your ear like a Nokia BH700/800 or the jawbone? Me personally, stuff that you just stick in your ear doesn't stay there for me.. hehe.. only reason i haven't thought about getting one. from the pictures Ive seen it doesn't have a wire frame or anything and just sticks in your ear..

Thanks ahead of time if you guys can answer that.
:laugh2:

sacsig

Jul 7, 2007
You're giving a bluetooth headset a rating of 9/10 when you admit that reception is poor or lost when the phone is your pocket. This is one of the most important issues when dealing with a bluetooth device. Sure it looks great but does it work great, obviously not.

gregneedham

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
The Nokia BH-800 is working well for me, and it is one of the smallest I have seen. I am able to use it without the small wire over the ear, so it seems to be barely there. I was just happy it paired up with the iPhone....

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I've been doing a lot of research on the Apple BT headset, reading reviews, seeing the same praises and complaints over and over, and I have made a hypothisis about this headset.

The Apple BT headset for the iPhone works fine, but it seems that there is a trend with some of the first bought phones where there is a lot of static and drop "pairing" between the headset and iPhone. The problem appears to lie with the iPhone more than the headset.

The reason I made the above hypothisis is because there are a number of indiviuals who have claims of connectivity and static issues that have tested the headset with other BT devices or other iPhones (like in the store) and the headset worked as it should. That leads me to believe that there is a BT problem with the iPhone, and NOT the headset.

I suggest to owners that are having problems to test their headset with other devices and verify whether or not the headset is to blame. Otherwise, you might be returning the wrong item.

And for those with problems getting the headset to fit properly, I suggest checking out the Samsung WEP410. It's another very small and unobtrusive headset that has great styling. I unfortunately cannot comment on how well that headset works yet, But I am leaning towards buying one - especially since they can be found on Ebay for between 9.99 and 21.99- shipping from China.

** also, I just wanted to point out that I have a BT adapter for my PC and while I could pair miPhone with it, it was a bit tricky to accomplish. I also cannot see other BT phones/PDA's at all so far. I was trying to send a pic via BT to someone and I could not see their phone to send it, and both were turned on and discoverable.
Maybe the version of Apples' Bt could be the problem. Just a speculation.**

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
This is an Apple review thread, but I have to say that my old Sony 662 works great with the iPhone (caller id and all). When it dies, I may check out the Apple sprout...

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
You say you cannot use the BT headset with the phone in the pocket? PLease elaboarte on this

Last edited by a moderator:

diesel

Bronze
Aug 15, 2007
NYC
Isn't one of the main points of even using a wireless headset, is so that you CAN have the phone in your pocket and not worry about it while talking (i.e. hands free)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 16, 2007
Apple BT head set

What I like about it is. I wear glasses and this is the first headset that does not interfere with my glasses on the ear.

Eddie:)

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
9 out of 10? Talk about being a little biased!

It's more like a 6 out of 10. It lacks critical features like DSP technology like similar BT headsets have. Buy the Jawbone instead.

ciaran00

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Another review without any tests of the device's limits. Thanks buddy.

Device lasts all day? For some guy with 2 friends, or have you been yapping on it all day? How far is the range? Like 200 feet? 5 miles? 20 feet? What? Does it fit in your ear? Who knows.

9/10. I guess I'll take your word for it.

jbaraga

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
www.baraga.me
I think I've gone through half a dozen Bluetooth headsets, and a far as I'm concerned, it's either the Jawbone...or it isn't. There still isn't a product on the market that touches it for sound quality, which to me is the top priority.

Not being able to use a BT headset when the phone is in my pocket would be an absolute dealbreaker for me.

Dallas Phil

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Well I have had my iPhone Bluetooth earpiece for a couple weeks and have loved it. Now I am getting static that I just cannot seem to eliminate. I found out the hard way that the earpiece will only pair if it and the iPhone are in the cradle together or charger together. I was out and the static was bad so I unpaired the earpiece and then could not get it to pair back until I got home and put them both in the cradle. This seems like a crock. Also, I just cannot get rid of the static. Any advice? Thank you!

2Jaze

Aug 15, 2007
The Plantronic 510 Voyager is without a doubt THE best quality bluetooth out there.

They have another phone, i forget what it's called...it has the charger that looks like a big pen. that is another one. EVERY phone I've paired it with works out great, including the RAZR, KRZR, MOTORIZR, Blackberry phones, the Moto Q, LG phones from Sprint, the Nextel i720, i760, i870 and i880, and now the iPhone, have ALL worked beautifully.

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
Well I have had my iPhone Bluetooth earpiece for a couple weeks and have loved it. Now I am getting static that I just cannot seem to eliminate. I found out the hard way that the earpiece will only pair if it and the iPhone are in the cradle together or charger together. I was out and the static was bad so I unpaired the earpiece and then could not get it to pair back until I got home and put them both in the cradle. This seems like a crock. Also, I just cannot get rid of the static. Any advice? Thank you!

So you are saying that everytime the signal is lost you need to be at home with the dock to reconnect?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Try a hard reset to the phone, and make sure that WiFi is not active.

hoits2000

Bronze
Mar 15, 2007
I was really debating whether to buy the Apple headset, I mean 129.00 plus tax is a lot for a headset, even with the extra, (besides the cradle scratched the crap out of the bottom of my first iPhone). Having the iPhone is a big deal to me at work since I don't sit at my desk the entire day, I walk around and so I often put it in my pocket. I had the Motorola h700 in silver and it worked great and was very loud. One of my dogs got a hold of it and destroyed it though. It did work great when I had it, I would even leave the room with my iPhone on the desk, come back and most of the time it would just connect back, though sometimes I had to touch the button on the headset to reconnect. After reviewing all the reviews and the price, (even looked on ebay; why do people pay more for things on there then they could get for a new one from Apple?!), I decided to buy another Motorola H700 in metallic blue. I can't see paying more then about 35 bucks for one. Just make sure you don't get one of the generic fake ones off ebay, get it from a legit store.