Apple Bluetooth Only Charging Halfway

topcat84

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Hi Everyone,

My Apple BT that I've had for a couple of years is only showing half a charge on the 3GS screen when I'm charging the BT and phone together. No matter how long I charge it, that's what it shows. It works just fine, but the charge doesn't seem to last as long as it used to. Anybody got an answer or solution for this ! TIA. Cheers !

fedexgnd

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
Mine started doing the same thing. So I just put it into my pile of obsolete electronics and upgraded to the BlueAnt Q1. I personally think it is better.

topcat84

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Mine started doing the same thing. So I just put it into my pile of obsolete electronics and upgraded to the BlueAnt Q1. I personally think it is better.
Does anyone know where I can purchase the BlueAnt Q1 Bluetooth. I've searched everywhere, but no one has them. Even called Sprint and AT&T. TIA. Cheers !

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I haven't had the problems with the charge dropping off yet on my Apple BT headset, but I am sure that it will be soon. I really don't like that damn headset. It's just not loud enough.
But in the meantime, my mother got a Plantronics Voyager Pro free from work and I have tested it out. It's about as ugly as sin, but very comfortable, and great volume and mic. The only headset that it is ever compared to is the Alphi Jawbone, and obviously they are completely different designs, but the performance is about equal.
I just looked at the BlueAnt Q1, and it looks good, but right now I think I am going to have to wait till I actually need to replace the one I have.

topcat84

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
I haven't had the problems with the charge dropping off yet on my Apple BT headset, but I am sure that it will be soon. I really don't like that damn headset. It's just not loud enough.
But in the meantime, my mother got a Plantronics Voyager Pro free from work and I have tested it out. It's about as ugly as sin, but very comfortable, and great volume and mic. The only headset that it is ever compared to is the Alphi Jawbone, and obviously they are completely different designs, but the performance is about equal.
I just looked at the BlueAnt Q1, and it looks good, but right now I think I am going to have to wait till I actually need to replace the one I have.
Thanks Hawk. I just ordered the BlueAnt Q1 from AT&T. Should have it in a couple of days. I really like the fact that I can use speed dial numbers w/o taking my phone out of my pocket. I also will be able to hear who is calling by the phone number. (Wish it was by name, but better than nothing, I guess.) It's gotten pretty decent reviews from customers and CNET. Hope I like it ! Cheers !

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
Mine was doing the same and had it replaced under warranty. I don't have it anymore though.

Joe

topcat84

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Hey fedexgnd,

I just got the Q1. How do you like it so far ? Cheers !

fedexgnd

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
Hey fedexgnd,

I just got the Q1. How do you like it so far ? Cheers !
Love mine. I just updated the firmware to 8.15, which helped the volume. It still seems like it could be louder. But I love the Q1. How do you like it?

topcat84

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Love mine. I just updated the firmware to 8.15, which helped the volume. It still seems like it could be louder. But I love the Q1. How do you like it?
Hey fedexgnd,

So far I'm very happy with the Q1. Mine came with the updated 8.15 and this seems to be the best bluetooth device I've had. I only miss the smaller size of my Apple BT, but at least the Q1 is quite a bit smaller than my first generation Jawbone, which seemed huge. The earbud that came on it fits my ear pretty good. I don't like to use the ear hook, so it's sometimes hard to get it to stay in my ear perfectly, but the smaller bud was just too loose. (Any suggestions on adding something to the large bud, like ear gels to make it fit a little more snug ?) I really love all the voice commands and ability to call my 8 most frequent contacts. Hopefully one day they'll come up with a way to say the name of the caller on incoming calls, instead of just the number, but I'm pretty pleased with it. Were you able to program your speed dial numbers by your iPhone's favorite's list ? I had read where this was possible according to how it was setup on your phone, but it didn't work that way for me. I had to have those 8 people call me and then manually program them into the Q1. The voice control commands are very cool, and unless there is a lot of noise around me, it rarely makes a mistake. Would like to hear what others have to say about it. Love it so far ! Cheers !