Apple Bragi Partnership?

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by liberated, May 16, 2017.

1. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I would love for apple to either acquire Bragi or for Bragi to partner with them to bring the additional functionality to the Bragi lineup!

Sorry everyone, I linked an old article. I meant to link the new announcement, the Dash Pro! and their new Update for the Dash now which I Think is impressive!!

Release Features

Improved and simplified Bluetooth handling:

• ⟩ Stability improvements
    • ⟩ BT Classic (»The Dash ##«) and BLE (»The Dash ## X«) now have two distinct names in the device picker
    • ⟩ Simplified Connection Procedure: Removing 6 digits pairing code for BLE bonding
    • ⟩ Simplified Connection Procedure: Removed BLE pairing mode on Left Dash (Long Hold Left)
    A.I. powered Auto Tracking of Activities: Idle, walking, running, swimming, cycling. Offline storage of activity reports on The Dash and automatic data sync with Bragi App when connected.

User Interface:

• ⟩ Virtual 4D Menu: Handsfree, control of Music Playback, Activity Tracker and Phone Assistant via simple head movements
    • ⟩ Virtual 4D Menu: Added Toggle for automatic activation of 4D menu on insertion
    • ⟩ Simplified Touch UI. All Menus can now be navigated via Nod and Shake head gestures.
    • ⟩ Improved »First Use« Onboarding process on The Dash and in the Bragi App
    • ⟩ Dash Controls: »Shortcut« is now customizable via the Bragi App
    Advanced Power Management: Battery runtime increased to up to 5h of continuous playback

External Application Support: The Dash now supports realtime translation via iTranslate (iOS only)

All features stated above can be toggled on and off via the Bragi App.

Updates

Audio improvements

• ⟩ Reduced audibility of the headphone’s self-noise.
    • ⟩ Better perceived tonal balance between bass, mid, and treble.
    • ⟩ Loudness compensation that preserve the tonal balance at all volume levels.
    • ⟩ Maximum volume increased by 2 dB (94 to 96 dB)
    • ⟩ Clear Audio transparency (Bionic Hearing)
    • ⟩ Versant 2.0. for best in class telephony in all environments and optimized speech intelligibility for External Device Voice Assistants (e.g. Siri, GoogleNow)
    • ⟩ Improved fading behavior of music during voice prompt playback
    • ⟩ Gain adjustments of all voice prompts
    • ⟩ Removed audio artifacts during playback of certain voice prompts and soundicons
    • ⟩ Audio artefacts (removed crackling sound artifacts - left side)
    Connectivity

• ⟩ Improved NFMI Left to Right Dash connection
    System improvements

• ⟩ Improved platform for support of multiple languages
    • ⟩ Refined Voice Prompts and Phrasing in all available Languages
    • ⟩ Improved Audio Transparency Handling and synchronization
    • ⟩ Improved Sleepmode in Charger improved to save power
    • ⟩ Fixed issue with occasional Left side audio dropouts during certain call scenarios with VOIP services
    • ⟩ Fixed issue that made left side UI lag between interaction and sound feedback
    • ⟩ Fixed issue that made the left UI unresponsive when taking it out of the ear during a phonecall
    • ⟩ Changed PDL from 9 to 5 remembered connected devices to make automatic pairing faster
    • ⟩ »My Controls« is renamed to »Controls«
    • ⟩ »MyTap« is renamed to »Shortcut«

Known Issues

During Call Scenarios or active Voice Assistant:

• ⟩ only Audio Transparency can be controlled on the left side;
    • ⟩ the control link to the left side might break.
    Issues connected with Activities:

• ⟩ when transferring larger amounts of activity data, there is a chance that some of the data can be corrupted;
    • ⟩ tracking of ongoing Activities may be paused during a call.
    Issues connected with soundicons:

• ⟩ some Soundicons and Voiceprompts are cut at the end under special use conditions;
    • ⟩ a TAP gesture during call falsely plays back the »confirmation« Soundicon;
    • ⟩ »Interface Locked« Soundicon is sometimes played back when entering a call;
    • ⟩ soundicons and Voice Prompts can be interrupted when interacting with Android Phone UI;
    • ⟩ when the »far end« ends a call, there is no »Call ended« Soundicon played back
    Issues connected with Windshield:

• ⟩ during a call, after the call ended Transparency state does not automatically sync with the right side, the right side transparency might stay off. Can be resolved by just activating Windshield again via SWIPE gesture.
    • ⟩ under heavy wind conditions, there is a chance that slight clicking audio artifacts can appear
    Other issues

• ⟩ sometimes an incoming skype call can not be accepted or declined via head gestures;
    • ⟩ after a call, sometimes Audio Transparency does not return to its full volume level;
    • ⟩ when Dash Volume is above »Safe Volume Level« and Audio Transparency is turned ON, when covering the ambient microphone there is a small possibility of an audible feedback loop occurring;
    • ⟩ while The Dash is in Bluetooth Pairing mode (Long Hold Right) it is not possible to connect to an App via BLE;
    • ⟩ under some conditions, the first TAP gesture on the right side is not recognized correctly and music playback pauses after 1 second

#1 liberated, May 16, 2017
    Last edited: May 17, 2017
  2. Mthoroughbred

Mthoroughbred Contributor
    Silver

I'm thinking about ordering the Bragi dash pro myself.

3. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Do it!!! I went to the audiologist office on Friday and they took impressions of my ears. They told me they should have my unit back from Bragi in about a week. I have to go back after they receive it for a final fit and to pay for it :)

4. Mthoroughbred

Silver

I'm going to wait for you to review yours lol

5. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Have an appointment tomorrow! My customized Bragi pro is in!!

6. Mthoroughbred

Silver

Let me know as soon as you get them cause I want to read what you have to say before I make my purchase.

7. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1496672967.929282.jpg
    OMG These buds are amazing!!!!!! Will take pictures of the actual buds later but have them. The fit is perfection!!!!!!! They don't budge, the sound is incredible. Isolation is unreal, I feel like I'm alone with my thoughts!!!!! BT range is great, no issues whatsoever!!!

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

That's 21 exclamation points. My AirPods only got 1. I think yours win.

9. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

LOL!! Sorry I'm just excited! The fit is so good, the product is like I'm wearing a computer. The assistant and the iTranslate is something I'm looking forward to trying out next time I work EMS and need to communicate with a non English or Spanish patient. I really wish Apple would acquire Bragi!

10. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

11. Mthoroughbred

Silver

12. William Thatcher

William Thatcher New Member

These look great. Please let us know more details about how they work, behave, price, sound....

13. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

14. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

They are, I'll say this; I'm not one to splurge, especially on stuff like this, but these devices are amazing, it's hearing aide grade quality, fit and sound and honestly, after wearing these in my ears (I have the tailor made set) there's absolutely no going back to anything else. I say it was the best 500 dollars I've spent in a long time. They are also free of the previous generation BT issues. This is truly a wearable computer.

15. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

16. William Thatcher

William Thatcher New Member

Thanks for the link, they are so cool but the price is quite out there.
    I will seriously think about getting a pair.

17. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Price factors in an appointment at the audiologist an ear exam and moldings so I think it's quite reasonable