Apple Care or AT&T insurance

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Yajaira

Nov 14, 2011
New York
What is better coverage to have on iPhone? The basic coverage provided by your carrier (mine happens to be AT&T) or buy the insurance Apple offers?

I haven't read much on any of them but would like to read comments.

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
The AT&T insurance has such a huge deductible in my opinion it's not worth having The AppleCare covers just about anything you can imagine with a very small $50 deductible and in the long run is cheaper than the AT&T coverage.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
What personal property copmany do you have...and did you have a deductible?
I do have n deductible (which you set as you want)
Now I use USAA
I would check your renters insurance as well ( I do have the phones covered there too)
I heard State Farm has great options where you specify your items
I am not to worried about breaking rather more then my sons get stolen (he starts Middle school next year and I hear a lot of horror stories)

Nov 18, 2011
I do have n deductible (which you set as you want)
Now I use USAA
I would check your renters insurance as well ( I do have the phones covered there too)
I heard State Farm has great options where you specify your items
I am not to worried about breaking rather more then my sons get stolen (he starts Middle school next year and I hear a lot of horror stories)
Right, you set your deductible level...but most start at $0 and increase in $500 increments.
Were you hit with a big deductible?
Never heard of USAA. I have travelers, but our PP carries a $1000 deductible.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I'm leaning towards ATT at $6/phone with their $200 deductible. Theft and loss are my concerns - have had two stolen!
that is a lot and high deductible
Just give statefarm a call and see what they say ? if you have renters insurance call them find out your deductible and if phones are covered (mine has a special for just computers which cam in handy when son and I got a bad virus )