Apple Care Plus or Insurance?

Discussion in 'iPad 2' started by laurenv0820, Apr 9, 2012.

?

Is apple care plus or insurance a better choice?

1. apple care plus

6 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. insurance

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. laurenv0820

laurenv0820 New Member

I just purchased a new iPad 2 and after doing some research and having issues with Apple care for my macbook, I did not know if anyone had any suggestions whether I should purchase Apple care plus or an insurance plan for my iPad? I just want the best coverage and easiest way to fix my iPad if anything ever happened! Thanks!

2. verwon

verwon Evangelist
    Gold

Apple is always the fastest and easiest for repairs/replacements.

However, there are certain things it doesn't cover, such as loss, theft and catastrophic damage. You'll only get that with a regular insurance plan.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

3. ericsinsideout

Gold

I prefer to go with the Apple care myself, it's cheaper in the long run and it covers everything I need it to cover. I've had it on every iPhone I've owned and things have worked out great.

4. FuelieNova

FuelieNova Contributor
    Silver

With AC+ you do get two replacements for $49 each no questions asked. It doesn't cover theft or loss.
    Tom

5. Amber89

Amber89 New Member

Wow almost everyone choose the "Apple care plus".;)

6. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Thread pre-fix added.

7. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

I would've gone the insurance route again, but State Farm in Michigan no longer covers phones/iPads...so I had to go with AppleCare + on both of them. The only thing I'm worried about now is loss/theft. :)

8. Jerome G

Jerome G Member
    Bronze

I would go with AppleCare also.
    To go even cheaper, you can find them on eBay for less than what Apple charges.
    Also you don't need to get it until right before the 1 year warranty is over.
    I think most people are misled that AppleCare is a 2 year warranty, it just adds 1 year to the standard warranty.

9. Shan S.

Shan S. New Member

Actually Apple only gives a 30 day window for Apple care+ on the iPhone and iPad. There other product 'Apple care' for items like the iPod have a 1 year window.

Trust me. I went to the Apple store the other day to get Apple Care + on my new iPad 64gb 4g. I showed up on day 31 not day 30, even though I thought it was day 30. The system would not let the store sell the plan to me.

Luckily the guy was really good as he knew how to deal with this issue. As I guess a lot of people ( including me) don't include the day you buy the iPad as day 1.

Got Apple Care + now. And you only have a 30 day window

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

10. Kobel1up

Kobel1up Member
    Bronze

I never thought to look on ebay for Apple care. When you mentioned that I looked and saved 25 on ipad and will be saving that much for my wifes iPhone and even more on my macbook pro. Thanks.

11. Jill1228

Jill1228 Member
    Bronze

I have seen Apple Care, but you need to look for Apple Care PLUS

12. Kobel1up

Kobel1up Member
    Bronze

that's what I ended up with. Thanks