Apple Care vs Square Trade bs AT&T mobile insurance

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
The question is in the title. I have never had to avail myself of any of the services above, but feel it’s not too smart not too. Opinions on the three choices please.

Apple Care Plus 199
AT&T 9 per month 299 replacement deductible
Square Trade 129

The only one that covers theft or loss is the AT&T insurance.

Thoughts and opinions please.

Kobel1up

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 14, 2012
Eastern Ohio
I have insurance through Verizon with asurion. 11 dollars a month. It covers loss, stolen and accidents. 200 deductible, but unfortunately they are on back order on the X. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
It depends on what important to you. If loss or theft is what you worry about the most then go with AT&T is a good choice but be prepared to be without the phone for a few to several days while they fix it. And if I’m not mistaken as long as you own the phone and pay the 9 bucks you are covered it if you change phone every year or two you end up paying more for the coverage.

Square Trade is 129 plus 69 each year. You can take it into Genius Bar to get fixed and they will reimburse for cost minus he deductible so you will have to have the money to cover the cost until the check comes. They will come to you and fix it so you just pay the deductible then but my concern is are they using aftermarket parts or OEM parts.

Apple care plus is basically same day service if you have a Genius Bar close by so you don’t have to be without you phone very long in most cases if one is not near by you will have to send it into Apple to get repaired but their turnaround time is pretty quick in a lot of cases they send you a replacement phone next day air.

For me it has been Apple care plus just for the convenience alone and I️ don’t care for reoccurring charges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
I ended up going with AppleCare+. After the refund of the unused portion of my AppleCare+ from my 7 +, it cost 140.

I chose to go with carrier device protection for my wife and daughters iPhones.